276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Blackbird: The heart-pounding Sunday Times bestseller and Richard & Judy book club pick (David Raker Missing Persons, 11)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nordyke, Kimberly (January 15, 2023). "Critics Choice Awards: Full List of Winners". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 16, 2023 . Retrieved January 16, 2023. Paul Walter Hauser as Larry Hall, a convicted serial killer and rapist accused of murdering 14 women Jimmy Keene grew up outside of Chicago. Although he was the son of a policeman and rubbed shoulders with the city's elite, he ended up on the wrong side of the law and was sentenced to ten years with no chance of parole. Inspired by a true story, the ensemble cast includes Taron Egerton, Paul Walter Hauser, Sepideh Moafi, Greg Kinnear and Ray Liotta

Two and a half years later, with still no answers to the mystery, Cate’s parents hire David to discover what really happened to their daughter and son-in-law. His investigations soon start pointing to another unsolved case from 30 years ago: that of three murdered young women whose bodies were buried in the sand dunes off the Northumbrian coast. Jimmy nonchalantly grabbed it with his cuffed hands and lifted up the flap, putting on his best poker face to mask his reaction to whatever he saw inside. Still, nothing could have prepared him for the first glossy photograph he pulled from the folder. This was not a picture of a drug dealer or local big shot. Instead, he saw the battered naked body of a young woman, sprawled between rows of standing corn. Her skin was torn and discolored. As best he could with the cuffs, Jim turned over photo after photo of the grisly scene, first thinking, “Are they trying to pin this on me, too?” Mr Weaver does not disappoint in his writing, how he can come up with such a mixture of distinctive storylines and unique characters is literally amazing and the sign of a very talented and imaginative author. Moreau, Jordan; Schneider, Michael (July 12, 2023). "Emmys 2023: The Complete Nominations List". Variety . Retrieved July 13, 2023.Despite Taron Egerton’s Keene and the real James Keene being technically unsuccessful in drawing any further confessions out of Larry Hall, he was still given his freedom after his time in USMCFP Springfield. The real James Keen passed a polygraph test that confirmed he truly did befriend Larry Hall and try and elicit information from him. All in all, Jimmy Keene spent less than a year in prison, having served ten months for the drug conviction before heading to USMCFP Springfield. So often the endings of book generally are maybe not quite there. I had some doubts about this one at one point. However I found myself laughing aloud at the end - my thanks to the author for the ending! However, with evidence disappearing and witnesses dying, David soon realises he’s up against an adversary who always seems to be one step ahead of him. Putting not only his own life in danger, but also that of his closest ally, former Met. Officer Colm Healy – a man most presume is dead.

The mystery of the murders is intricate and Tim Weaver has layered the story so excellently that the readers are at a loss figuring out this puzzle and pouring oil into the burning fire is David’s hidden secret regarding Colm Healy. David Raker is a wonderful character, he is dogged in his determination to get to the truth heedless of the danger he finds himself in and there is a time when he becomes a fugitive himself hiding from the police, trying to get to the truth and what an astounding reveal it is at the end as the true horror show of the murders comes to plain light. Unfortunately for him, Ford County jail was somewhat centrally located on his road to ruin. An hour up the highway in one direction was his hometown of Kankakee, where he was busted for conspiracy to distribute cocaine. Down the highway from Ford County in the other direction was the U.S. courthouse in Urbana, where he took a plea on the drug charge and was sentenced to ten years. Then he was held at the jail a few days longer until he was transferred to the custody of the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. He did not relish returning to Ford County yet again in 1998, even though he would be closer to family and friends, and he certainly didn’t look forward to seeing Lawrence Beaumont, the assistant U.S. attorney who had summoned him from his federal prison in Michigan. His offer was a simple, but dangerous one: befriend suspected serial killer Larry Hall and get him to confess to at least two more murders out of the 19 they believed he was responsible for, and he could walk free.In Life, People can take a few wrong turns that destroy them. I’m one of those people. But I was given a second chance—not only to save myself but to redeem society for the wrong choices I made.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment