276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Phoenix

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thank you so much for your wonderful message about Phoenix, and for reading it with your class! That book took me 7 years to write, but all the hard work feels worthwhile when I hear a response like that.

Phoenix | Book Talk Phoenix | Book Talk

Tha I felt I had to leave a comment for you, I've always made a point of reading to/with my children over the years. My son Daniel is now nearly ten and although he's a good reader I don't think he really enjoyed reading, until recently when he discovered your books - varjak paw, outlaw and now phoenix.The Way is the whole way of living that Jalal teaches Varjak. This includes the Seven Skills, but also everything that he learns in The Outlaw Varjak Paw, and perhaps a bit more in the third book, when I write it! Hi Yvan, thank you so much! I wish I could write them faster, but my aim is always to make each one as outstanding as possible, and that always takes time... It's hard work – but it definitely feels worth it when I hear comments like that!

S.F. Said - The epic story of Phoenix | BookTrust S.F. Said - The epic story of Phoenix | BookTrust

I wrote a little bit about my idea for the third Varjak Paw book in this blog post. And I wrote a little bit about the new book that I'm currently writing in this blog post. Have a look at the links if you'd like to know more!While waiting to be discovered as a writer SF spent 6 years in Middle East Politics, writing for the Crown Prince of Jordan. Following this he went to Cambridge University to do a PhD in Criminology. During his degree SF started writing articles about books and films which won him national journalism prizes. He now writes regularly for the Daily Telegraph and has interviewed the likes of Philip Pullman, Jacqueline Wilson, Quentin Blake and William Nicholson. His success as a journalist led him into judging the Whitbread Children’s Book Award and programming for the Edinburgh Film Festival. This is a message from Tawny Class at St.David's Primary Academy (Moreton-in-Marsh). Firstly, we would like to congratulate you for being selected for the prestigious IBBY Honour list, we all hope you win! I honestly love your book! Will there be a second Phoenix? I know many other people asked you that, but this is a few months later and your answer might have changed. Please answer! It would mean so much to me! I'm kinda shy and stupid and don't really have any friends, just enemies. So talking to you (even just through a computer screen) is amazing! Could you be my sort of friend? Thanks! By the way, also I wanna say thank you for being such a great writer! Your books are the best!

S.F. Said Quotes (Author of 1001 All-Natural Secrets to a S.F. Said Quotes (Author of 1001 All-Natural Secrets to a

Phoenix has many sources of inspiration. One of them is the stars themselves, and the science of the universe, which I find totally fascinating. I wrote a little bit about this here. Another inspiration is ancient mythology, which I also love. I wrote a little bit about this here. In Phoenix, I wanted to try and bring science and mythology together, somehow. I hope you liked it!Thank so much for your fantastic comment! I'm really glad that you and your classmates enjoyed the Varjak Paw books. I am planning to write a third one, one day; I wrote a bit about my idea for it here. In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy my new book Phoenix too – it might sound quite different on the surface, but I think it has a lot in common with Varjak Paw. Thank you so much for that amazing comment! You have no idea how much it means right now. Thank you for being patient and waiting - TYGER will be ready as soon as it's as good as I can possibly make it! Thank you so much for your lovely comment, it means a lot to me! I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying literacy with Varjak Paw. Keep the Way alive!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment