276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Peacock Emporium: A charming and enchanting love story from the bestselling author of Me Before You

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent book, but clearly not her best, just an early try. We know she's improved as a writer enormously. We love her books, in fact, we love her! Maybe her publisher thought, her fans just want her books ALL THE TIME, why don't we give them this too. Ok, I'll buy that; but please make sure you put the original 2004 date as when written, and 2019 as the US publication. Otherwise, US fans will be confused. I feel like I should get a medal for making it through this. Any other author and I would have given up easily after the first couple chapters. I'm not an easy reader, I'm not one of those people that can finish a book in a day so its really a miracle that I slugged through this and finished it. El libro tomó algunas vueltas que no esperaba, pero en última instancia es una historia de cómo la familia forma nuestra creencia en sí mismo y las decisiones simples que toman las personas y la complejidad de por qué lo hacen. So there was a lot of eye-rolling and gritting of teeth but somehow I persevered with the story and made it to the end (which I did not like btw!).

The Peacock Emporium ~ by Jojo Moyes | Reviews | Great pick The Peacock Emporium ~ by Jojo Moyes | Reviews | Great pick

Dreamers of the Day is Mary Doria Russell’s novel that is as fresh if not fresher today than when first published in 2008. Mary Doria Russell’s We are given stories about the people that relate to Suzanna past and present to flesh out her otherwise insipid life.

Books

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes Book Marks reviews of The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes

Family and class are both significant themes in this book—and in some of your other books as well—and we see Suzanna, Douglas, and others chaffing at their tethers. What is it about issues of class that makes it important to you?

Jojo’s work never fails to bring a smile to my face with her honesty, humor, and empathy about what it is to be human—[ Still Me is] a must read!”—Emilia Clarke Evaluation: I enjoy all of Moyes books. Her writing is quite good and her talent for realistic dialogue is outstanding. Moyes wisely knows that life-changing events don’t always change our lives for the better. . . . After You may not be the sequel you expect, but it is the sequel you needed.” —Entertainment Weekly

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment