276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Makeup: The Sunday Times Bestseller and practical step-by-step guide to makeup and beauty from much-loved makeup artist Hannah Martin

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Avoid applying a singular SPF in favour of a skincare formula that incorporates it – it could cause flash-back in photographs. Follow with an eye cream and then a mid-weight moisturiser, like Bobbi Brown’s Vitamin Enriched Face Base, or Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream Light.

Hannah Martin Who Worked On Kate Middleton Shares Her Bridal Hannah Martin Who Worked On Kate Middleton Shares Her Bridal

Martin said I was having trouble perfecting my brows because the brush I was using was too flimsy, which meant I was applying the product in places I didn't want because I didn't have much control over where the product was going. I’m always keen to tell brides that, just because it’s your wedding day, it doesn’t mean you need to wear more foundation or a heavier formula. My son was five before my daughter came along and from the age of two he was playing with whatever make-up he found lying around, and instead of chastising him for that, I actively encouraged it. Look at someone like Mario Dedivanovic, he’s been so open about his journey and how he walked into Sephora and couldn’t recognize what that feeling was, but he recognized it as being inspiration.The handle is falling apart but it’s the best, most precise lip brush I’ve ever owned – I’d feel lost without it.

Hannah Martin x Ciaté London 24-Piece Professional Brush

Lip balm and your lip products and I say balm because it can feel really nasty to layer lipstick onto dry lips and trust me - excitement, nerves and champagne can all contribute to dry mouths so I suggest you have a balm so you can take your lipstick off, rehydrate then reapply so your lips look fresh and plump and gorgeous. At the moment, I start with the Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil, then follow with the Beauty Pie Japanfusion Pure Transforming Cleanser as my second cleanse. I always ask my brides to show me pictures of makeup looks that they like to help me understand better the kind of look they’re after on their wedding day.

They’re great as a base for all powder shadows, so I often start a look by using one – whether it’s in a pot or a stick. In terms of shades, I carry lots of neutrals to suit all skin tones – think earthy shades and matte textures.

Makeup by Hannah Martin | Waterstones

She shares everything you need to know about from skincare routine to prepping the skin, concealer, foundation, powders, bronzers, blushers, lipstick, and gloss, eye shadow, liner, mascara, and everything in between.

Known for creating soft, smokey eyes and radiant, healthy skin, A-list MUA Hannah Martin is a bit of an authority in the beauty world. One morning, as I was going through my usual makeup routine I started to really think about what I was doing: was I using the right moisturiser before my foundation? Most make-up artists are clued in that if a parent brings a child in, it’s probably because they want some advice. And with lipstick, lots of my brides request neutrals which I love but I usually guide towards slightly deeper neutrals then very pale ones as again, a pale lip when wearing all white can sometimes makeup a bride look a little tired so a shade that’s not too dissimilar from your natural lip colour to even a touch warmer will look great.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment