276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sage Smart Waffle Maker, Brushed Stainless Steel, BWM620UK

£324.995£649.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The USP with this machine is its Waffle IQ which knows the exact state the machine is in when you add the batter. If you don’t wait for the machine to heat up between cooking cycles it will automatically adjust the cooking time accordingly. This gives super consistent results. If there is any overflow it will get caught in the wraparound moat. This also cooks the batter at the same time, giving you something to nibble on and making clean up a doddle. With a large cooking surface, it makes two 6 inch circular waffles at a time. The plates aren’t particularly deep so take care not to add too much batter. There is no advised quantity in the manual but I found 90 ml per circular waffle enough. After 4 minutes it was still steaming but I lifted the cool-touch handle anyway. Not looking quite ready, I left my waffle for a further 3 minutes – not the speediest. There areoptions for different batter types (Belgian, Classic, Chocolate or Buttermilk), plus a special "custom" setting

The ready light will make sure you don't add your waffle batter before it's time to cook, delivering a perfect sizzle. That edge channel is useful too. On some waffle makers you'll have to deal with waffle batter overflowing from the edge of the machine, but the channel will catch any excess and make it easy for you to remove while you serve up a perfectly round waffle. Don’t lift the lid too early. Wait for the indicator light to come on for the machine to stop steaming before taking a peek. If you lift the lid before they are done you may cause your waffle to rip.There are recipes for all four types in the booklet that comes with the machine, plus an explanation of how different settings affect the end product

I have to admit that until the Sage by Heston Blumenthal no mess waffle maker landed in my kitchen I was slightly skeptical about the need for a top notch waffle maker. We do already have a very ordinary bargain waffle maker that makes very unremarkable waffles, but there is nothing I enjoy more than playing with a new gadget so was happy to be converted. Waffles can be flavoured with just about anything but adding a little sugar to the mix will help to crisp them up. Look for designs with interchangeable hotplates and variable temperature settings to vastly expand your waffle maker’s repertoire to include flat plates for paninis and grilling and toasted sandwich inserts for cheese-filled lunches. Right, this one is a matter for experimentation. I’d advise starting with a recipe from the leaflet that comes with your waffle maker. Once you’ve made your batter, pour it into a measuring jug, and only put in the exact amount your recipe states for one waffle. We’ve learned with the Sage Smart Waffle Maker that the waffles come out so fluffy that less is more. I’d say it also depends on your settings. For us Belgian comes out fluffier (and therefore expands more in the machine) than Classic. About the Sage Smart WaffleThe most important factor when it comes to selecting a waffle maker is that it cooks your waffle evenly. Some might be plagued by hot spots – the perfect waffle has a consistently light and airy centre with a crisp and golden edge all over. 2. Speed matters Basically, you switch on the Smart Waffle, select a programme (I chose chocolate) and turn the dial to determine how light, golden, or dark the waffle comes out. You can then choose from one of the starter recipes that Sage give you in the handbook – which I recommend for your first few goes – and get cooking! The Sage might not be the cheapest option for your breakfast waffle fix, but it's well worth the investment. For an extra light and fluffy waffle, separate your egg whites from the yolks. Beat the whites until they form soft peaks and then folding them into the rest of the mix.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment