276°
Posted 20 hours ago

M-Audio AV42 - Compact Active Desktop Reference Speakers (Pair) for Superior Sound, Perfect for Professional Media Creation and an Immersive Gaming Experience

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Versatile, conveniently located RCA inputs for seamless connection to gaming systems, DJ gear, mixers and more Premium sound reproduction: 4 inch polypropylene coated woofers produce tight, accurate bass and 1 inch ferrofluid cooled silk cone tweeters produce clear, pristine highs Buy these awesome active speakers from PTM Online now and give your audio a huge upgrade. M-Audio Studiophile AV42 Active Monitors (Pair) Includes: I give the M-Audio AV42 monitors high marks for being a pleasing middle-of-the-road solution. I like to play video games and listen to the sound of the game using headphones because my cat jumps and the dogs bark when the game suddenly gets louder when I use the speakers. Also, I like to have clear, high-end frequencies to get the feeling, by hearing something, when an opponent is sneaking up on me in a shooter game. Making for a huge upgrade over standard factory desktop speakers, the M-Audio AV42 active speakers allow you to experience incredible, crystal-clear, super defined audio.

M-Audio AV42 Monitors review | MusicRadar

Power Requirements: 100-120V/ 50/60 Hz, 220-240V/ 50/60 Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord Power Requirements: 100-120V/~50/60 Hz, 220-240V/~50/60 Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord

Images

Not only are they great for producing music but they’re also ideal for gaming, watching movies and listening to your favourite songs. Hollin Jones was classically trained as a piano player but found the lure of blues and jazz too much to resist. Graduating from bands to composition then production, he relishes the chance to play anything with keys. The speakers are rear ported and have a 4-inch woofer and 1-inch tweeter apiece. The sound they produce is well balanced and surprisingly accurate, especially for budget speakers. Bass is solid and tight thanks to the ports, but not overwhelming. Top end is crisp and mids present and correct. The laws of physics mean that small speakers are never going to sound as massive as large ones can—they simply can’t move enough air. But the AV42s did a good job with everything I threw at them as far as general music and video listening goes. Final Thoughts The dimensions are width 5.7 inches (14.5 centimeters) by depth 7.4 inches (18.8 centimeters) by height 8.4 inches (20.3 centimeters). The weight is 7.56 pounds (3.43 kilograms). Sound Quality Another video from Digital DJ Tips compares the AV32 and AV42 models. The reviewer also talks about the improvements made over the previous models of AV30 and AV40 that these new models replaced.

M-Audio M-Audio

with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, Offering rear-panel RCA inputs, the AV42 speakers are compatible with all your gear. There is even a 1/8-inch aux input for your tablet, computer, or mobile device. The convenient headphone output allows you to work privately at any hour. Ideal for producing all kinds of media, the AV42 monitor speakers are also perfect for gaming, watching videos, and listening to music. Cables are included. Rear-panel RCA inputs allow you to connect to virtually any gear with RCA outputs such as gaming systems, DJ equipment, mixers and more. Great for music production and other professional media creation and ideal for upgrading your sound for enjoying music, movies and video games. M-Audio Studiophile AV42 Active Monitors (Pair) Key Features:

Tech. sheet

Connectivity wise, most consumers will find it easy to connect any of their devices to the AV42s given these ports. Music producers can also connect their equipment to the AV42s using a phono cable. The AV42s are rear ported and feature 4-inch woofers. The 1-inch tweeters are located above the woofers. It would be difficult to expect much given the small nature of these drivers, but they produce quite an accurate and balanced sound. They are audibly budget speakers, but the bass is tight and the mids and top-end are crisp and correct. Although at higher volumes the sound quality suffers, these speakers perform quite well for listening to music, watching movies and playing games at medium volume. Verdict The size of these two models of monitors is nearly identical with the AV40 being just a bit larger than the newer Av42. The AV40 has the dimensions of width 6 inches (15.2 centimeters) by depth 7.3 inches (18.5 centimeters) by height 8.8 inches (22.4 centimeters). M-Audio AV42 vs. AV32 Front-panel 1/8-inch stereo auxiliary input for connecting your audio sources, 1/8-inch headphone output, and volume control. I like to test monitors when running them at half the maximum power output rating. For this reason, if I wanted to get a pair of the M-Audio monitors in this series, I would readily choose the AV42 model over the AV32 model to get more power. Universal compatibility with tablets, computers, or mobile devices.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment