276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Realm of Lore and Lies: Fair Ones Book 1

£8.475£16.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Realm of Lore and Lies follows several characters, many on a quest to solve a crime. Aisling is an archeology student who works in a cafe. When she ran away from home 7 years prior, Mary and Dom took her in. Aisling is from a Fianna clan. She is able to see the fairy folk no matter what disguise they take. Her brother keeps in touch with her but her mother and the rest of the clan do not. At the beginning of the book, all of the letters from her brother that were kept in her bag were stolen. She would eventually be led to them which would then lead her to the apparent scene of a murder that didn’t add up at all. Bonded by troubled pasts and deadly circumstances, the team of misfits must face damaging truths as they try to stop their worlds from colliding. I have recently fell in love with romance books that have murder mystery, and now I found a fantasy book with murder mystery? Safe to say I was hooked! The book has some slow spots, but I think the overall plot makes it worth it and would definitely recommend for the folklore /fantasy lovers out there!

In a land that harbours two realms, magical creatures and dangerous games are a way of life and death for the travelling Fianna clans. It is an honour to visit Tír na nÓg, even if the price is pretending Fair Ones don’t hunt humans for sport.With the help of Maebh, Setanta and Tiernan, Ash has to claim her birthright, find a murderer and win some quest for the High King, nothing could go wrong right? Well, everything could go wrong when magic and ancient forces are involved, so you can figure out that Ash’s journey isn’t easy. A realm of Lore and Lies breathes life into Irish Folklore. We follow the points of view of four different characters whose lives are tangled together in mystery and loss. The first 40% of this book introduces us to each of the four protagonists and we are shown the world of the travelling Fianna and what it means to live as one. I loved all characters with all of my heart. Ash had a considerable amount of growth, however, I see much more of it in the future and I cannot wait to see it. She is a strong FMC and fiercely loyal to those she loves and I feel like we can relate to that.

First off, thank you so much to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review! All opinion are my own.Setanta, what can I say? I have met my new book husband for sure. A powerful man, who exudes "I can break you apart with one pinkie" energy, and yet he is so open with his emotions?? He is sweet and thoughtful and just such a cinnamon roll. Now don't take that to mean he is perfect, because while we all may think so, this man has such a dark story. HE deserves all the love in the world.

The writing was great - it was easy to follow yet not overly simplified, even though there were a lot of names and terms that were new to me. In a land that harbours two realms, magical creatures and dangerous games are a way of life and death for the travelling Fianna clans. It is an honour to visit Tír na nÓg, even if the price is pretending Fair Ones don't hunt humans for sport.

Ireland native Aisling never imagined she’d be alone, living a double life. But when your family shares the ability to see through Fae glamour, keeping secrets isn’t something you do for fun. You do it to stay alive.. While I thought the beginning was a little slow getting to know all the characters, the writing is excellent and it was really enjoyable and easy to read. The murder mystery plot was excellent and we get politics, adventure, and plot twists along the way. Realm of Lore and Lies is phenomenal and I’d definitely recommend it!

Maebh McQuillan - the badass who ran from her clan to escape her abusive mother for the opportunity to prove herself in the legendary Cath trials. Basically a bisexual, gender swapped Loki. Aisling Breen - Ash - the girl who ran from her clan to live a “normal” life, only to be forced into matriarchy after her mother’s death. A formidable force and leader of the Breen clan. Who can say no to Fair ones, Druids, Will O’Wisps, Púkas and portals to a magical realm ?? Not me that’s for suuure 🧙🏼‍♀️ The story takes place in a modern world with a parallel faerie realm, and I liked the modern touches but we still got the elements of a fantasy world. Realm of Lore and Lies follows a band of misfits as they compete in a competition against other clans to become immortal warriors for the king. They are also trying to discover who murdered Aisling’s mom. Fantasy books with murder mystery is one of my favorite types of books so that was an aspect of this book that I was really looking forward to and I enjoyed it immensely!Finally, let’s talk about that final part of the book, it was so good, I love it, the way everything tided up together to make the big revelation of the real evil one was epic. Now I'm patiently waiting for book two on this series because I need to read what will happen to these guys in the trials they’ll have to face in the future.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment