276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My First Piano Adventure Lesson Book A.: Lesson Book A: Pre-Reading

£4.11£8.22Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whilst there are many such early-stage piano tutor books on the market, there are few which place as such a strong emphasis on the development of musicianship as these do. It includes favourites like ‘Ring-a-Ring-a-Roses’, ‘Peter Taps with One Hammer’ and ‘The Wheels on the.

Get Set Piano – Collins Primary | Music | Get Set Piano – Collins

It provides a range of additional pieces, puzzles and activities for students from around the age of five.Piano is an exciting course by Heather Hammond and Karen Marshall, written specially for the twenty-first century child. The tried and tested progression guides beginners from their very first lesson through to Grade 1 level.

Review: Get Set! Piano - My First Piano Book - David Barton Music Review: Get Set! Piano - My First Piano Book - David Barton Music

My First Piano Book introduces young children to the piano and music-making through fun activities, rhymes, songs and pieces. By the end of the book, students are playing hands separately, alternately in the treble and bass clef, reading notes from both staves. It includes favourites like ‘Ring-a-Ring-a-Roses’, ‘Peter Taps with One Hammer’ and ‘The Wheels on the Bus’, as well as playful new pieces, featuring dinosaurs, superheroes, aliens, scooters and more!The first book, a sizeable volume at 64 pages, is an introduction to the world of music through the medium of learning the piano. I’m sure that I would have thoroughly enjoyed these books when I started learning the piano as a six-year-old, many moons ago. style, and students are encouraged to decorate and colour in the drawings to reflect their progress. Note learning is taught alongside aural, theory and composing skills providing a holistic approach to music.

My First Piano Book: Learning The Musical Alphabet Through My First Piano Book: Learning The Musical Alphabet Through

Many pieces have simple teacher duet parts to encourage ensemble playing from the start, and the book is illustrated throughout in the charming Get Set! Written for the young beginner student ages 5-6, My First Piano Adventure captures the child’s playful spirit with five “friends at the piano,” charming songs, and rhythm and technique games. The polyphonic twenty-key piano promotes creative education through playing with any of the 10 popular kid’s songs along with 6 changeable musical instruments!

The author’s tried-and-tested progression covers note learning, theory, aural and composing through a creative and holistic approach.

My First Piano Book by Karen Marshall, Julia Patton - Waterstones My First Piano Book by Karen Marshall, Julia Patton - Waterstones

There are plenty of opportunities for improvisation and teacher accompaniments are provided for most of the songs and pieces.I was sent a review copy of these books free of charge; however, this review is my honest opinion as a teacher. The books are designed to introduce young children (from the age of around five) to the piano and music-making through ‘fun activities, rhymes, songs and pieces. While there will be some who lament the lack of piano-specific technique, a strong grounding in musicianship is something to be welcomed. Some pieces have straightforward teacher duet parts to encourage ensemble playing from the start, and there are lots of music theory puzzles and activities to consolidate learning and offer an extra layer of fun and exploration. It is always a pleasure to review her publications because they have clearly been tried and tested in practice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment