276°
Posted 20 hours ago

WD 3 TB My Passport Wireless Pro, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The WD My Passport Wireless SSD may work quite happily as a wireless or wired storage device for computers, but it’s also designed for those who want to leave their laptop at home and access their content via a smartphone or tablet. WD provides the free My Cloud app for iOS and Android devices to access the contents of the drive wirelessly, as well as to configure it and set it up in the first place. I tried it on an Apple iPad and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Android phone. With a USB 2.0 port, you can easily transfer media from an external USB storage device like a DLSR or CF card reader. USB 2.0 also provides added compatibility, so you’re able to charge your favorite USB devices.

I don't have that product but have had similar and they can accept USB attached storage and you access it via a web interface, FTP, etc. Like a drive attached to your home router.

My Passport Wireless SSD Review | Conclusion

Those features make the drive a more-than-capable media server and its pre-installed Twonky server will also let you stream files to any DLNA-capable player. That means that, as long as your media files are saved within certain preset folders, you can watch videos via most smart TVs, or on a video app like VLC on your computer, or any media-streaming box. Answer ID 19078: Best Practices while using Plex Media Server on a My Cloud or My Passport Wireless Pro and SSD device Connect the My Passport Wireless Pro to an AC power source using the supplied USB cable and power adapter. One of the features of the WD My Passport Wireless SSD is ability to install cloud services from different providers to the WD My Cloud app. For example, if you have a Dropbox account, you can install the Dropbox service and browse through your Dropbox content. The screenshot below shows the different cloud service options that are available to add:

The addition of Plex is an interesting feature and we'd like to see more of this sort of thing in the future. There are three main ways to connect to the WD My Passport Wireless SSD: first, by wirelessly connecting your device direct to the drive’s own Wifi network, secondly, by connecting to the drive wirelessly via a shared access point (like a home or office access point), and third, by connecting a computer directly to the drive using a USB 3 cable.Being able to stream video to multiple devices simultaneously may not be the most sociable way to travel, but if you have unruly kids like we do, it can certainly avoid premature hair loss!

No electrical outlet? No problem. Charge your smartphone, action camera and other mobile devices on the go with the handy, integrated 6,700 mAh power bank. My Passport Wireless SSD provides up to 1.5A of power (0.9A when the drive is powered on). To conclude, it takes a while to know whether the My Passport Wireless SSD is something you actually need, or just a product that’s providing a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. An SD card slot is located on one side and two square buttons – one for power and the other one for accessing the SD card – are located on the other, alongside a flat USB 3.0 connector and a standard USB 2.0 host port. This answer explains how to initially set a My Passport Wireless Pro up using a Windows computer.*END It’s also of course possible to store a bunch of your own photos, music and videos on the device to enjoy while you’re on your travels. Again it can be configured to present itself as a DLNA media server, allowing any compatible player to access the content.The top of the drive contains a few indicator lights. A row of four in the upper right corner can display the battery level or the status of a data transfer, while two lights at the center display the Wi-Fi status and whether or not the drive is importing data. Yes, this last light is redundant and probably not necessary. Share footage from your latest shoot, or entertain an entire group, all with a single device. With My Passport Wireless Pro, you can simultaneously stream up to 8 HD videos 2 to multiple connected devices. Once you’ve got the images from your camera’s SD card transferred, you can view them on your smartphone or tablet via the My Cloud app, without needing to go anywhere near a computer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment