276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sheltering Rain: the captivating and emotional novel from the author of Me Before You

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

La 40 de ani de la acest eveniment, nepoata sa, Sabrine, cu care nu a avut o relatie călduroasă, ajunge in Irlanda, acolo unde Joy este stabilită impreuna cu sotul sau, pentru a-si cunoaste familia.

Si algo ha sabido hacer Jojo Moyes es crear tres mujeres una con más defectos que la otra, ninguna tiene algún rasgo rescatable, diferentes entre ellas, pero de las tres no se hace una, insoportables las tres. If I had been there I would have freeze-frame that moment when Edward was desperately trying to please his wife. I would hold the still photograph against my chest and sigh a thousand times as I revel the comical scene with a slight smile on my face. The first chapter, 'Pushover', already brings this strikingly to the fore, introducing Senda and the bar which he works at, a traditional small outfit in Shinjuku, but also featuring a hostess who can't help but be a pushover when it comes to men -- and who it seems defies time, standing out in a world where a constant complaint is over everyone's inevitable aging and how little remains the same. Komei even introduces his old friend to bartender Senda -- "a character in a lot of my stories", he explains.Amazing, very emotional, I loved the characterisation and I really felt for everyone. Cried several times, even at happy bits, also got goosebumps and thought one of the leading men was verrrrrryy sexy..... In 1980, Joy's young daughter Kate mysteriously flees the family home. Fifteen years later, Kate's own daughter Sabine leaves London in search of grandparents she has never known. When the family is finally reunited, hidden tensions come to the surface, uncovering a dark secret which has been deeply buried for years . . . Moyes’s enchanting latest (after Me Before You) entwines two love stories set 90 years apart, connected by a painting called The Girl You Left Behind. In 1916, 22-year-old Sophie Lefèvre struggles Continue reading »

Several of the stories also revolve around romance and specifically marriage, a settling down that not all the characters find themselves capable of. Creo que las ultimas 100 paginas sucede todo muy precipitadamente... Jojo tenia mucha prisa por terminar el libro. Kate, hija de Joy, madre soltera, que es una madre abnegada, se la pasa quejándose todo el tiempo que transcurre el libro, que flojera de mujer y que falta de carácter. La vida de tres mujeres, abuela, madre y nieta, un encuentro que hace catarsis al momento de juntarse las tres.A real love that survived the slings and arrows of fate that soared, like some kind of 1950's Romeo and Juliet, above the petty and mundane. The kind of love you read about in books, that inspired songs, that lifted you like a bird yet stood solid, like a monolith, vast, all-encompassing, enduring. . .

On the night of the 1953 Coronation ceremony, the expatriate community in Hong Kong has gathered for a celebration party, and while they strain their ears to hear the proceedings on a faulty wireless, Joy, a rebellious 21 year-old, falls in love at first sight. She is engaged within twenty-four hours, but then will not see her fiancé again for a year... The final chapter shifts to a first-person narrative, the narrator stumbling across (in Shinjuku, of course) an old friend from school, Komai Keisuke, whom he had not seen for some two decades. Si riconosce però nella trama un’espressione acerba dell’autrice, in quanto ho avvertito come se la conclusione fosse stata un po’ frettolosamente messa insieme. Avrei apprezzato che tutti i nodi costruiti e dipanati abilmente venissero poi sciolti un po’ meglio, mentre invece così mi è sembrato come se si volesse inserirci il lieto fine a tutti i costi e in tutti gli aspetti. Foreign Fruit“ от 2003 г. печели награда за най-добър роман на годината от Асоциацията на писателите на любовни романи. In Moyes’s (The Last Letter from Your Lover) disarmingly moving love story, Louisa Clark leads a routine existence: at 26, she’s dully content with her job at the cafe in her small English town and Continue reading »Shinjuku itself is in a constant state of flux in the novel, being reshaped, replacing the Ginza as the entertainment-heart of the city, and becoming more vibrant (and less seedy) with the expansion of the local trains stations -- which also brings more interest from outsiders, including gangsters. Es gefiel mir gut, zeigte aber auch, dass ich mir an der einen oder anderen Stelle mehr Tiefe gewünscht hätte. Mehr Tiefe, wenn es um die Charakteren der Personen ging und mehr Tiefe, wenn es um die Schlüsselszenen ging. Protagoniste sono tre donne: Sabine, figlia di Kate, viene mandata da questa in vacanza forzata dalla nonna Joy, in Irlanda, dopo la conclusione dell’ennesima relazione della mamma con un uomo, in questo caso Geoff.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment