276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Rice Flake Porridge, 450g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At around 3.5-5 syns for a simple polenta and water porridge, you could have between 300-400g of Polenta before using all your 15 syn daily allowance. You make the porridge as you would with oats. I use half a cup of rice flakes, half a cup of almond milk and half a cup of water. Once they’re ready I then add fruit, usually berries, a little honey and if I’m feeling fancy, half a fig. It’s delicious.

To conclude, Polenta is a great low syn carb to have on the slimming world plan, having between 3.5-5 syns for a 100g serving, allowing you to have around 300g before using all your 15 daily syns. We've discussed in further detail below how much Polenta you can have on the plan, some syn values of different polenta dishes, alternative low syn options and an SW recipe using polenta for a syn-friendly meal idea! How Much Polenta Can I Eat On Slimming World? Polenta has varying syns according to how it is prepared and used, but on average you can expect a 100g portion when made with water to have between 3.5 and 5 syns a serving.Creamy porridge oats bursting with delicious banana bread goodness topped with maple syrup and blueberries is the perfect start to my day. Plus, this recipe is gluten free, yay!

We recommend making polenta recipes such as cornbread at home to save syns with syn-free ingredients like fat-free fromage frais to save syns. My favourite breakfast over the last couple of months has been a good ginger and lemon shot followed by rice flake porridge and a cup of rooibos tea. It’s such a warming breakfast so it’s ideal for the autumn and winter months. I find it much lighter and easy to eat in the morning than oats. The texture of these little puffy pancakes is superb – they have the slightest hint of a biscuity crust and Jonny gave them an enthusiastic thumbs up (and scoffed FOUR for his lunch!). Polenta and polenta dishes have a huge variety of different syn values according to how they are made, we've listed some general syn values of this food below. I may have bent the rules ever so slightly for this recipe, but who’s to say that the Delicious Alchemy Vanilla Sponge Cake Mix can only be baked in an oven,in a cake pan? Sometimes thinking outside the box will extend your meal options when camping, and especially if your diet is confined by a food intolerance.

Directions

If your looking for a slimming world friendly syn dish you can make with polenta as a side, we've put together an excellent SW recipe below with cornbread for an easy dinner. Ingredients These are both really high energy breakfasts so are perfect if you have an active day planned. For those who enjoy a more sedate camping trip, you may want to give their gluten free porridge oats a go instead ;) 5 Minute Rice Pudding

You may have noticed that I’ve posted a lot of gluten free recipes recently because I think there needs to be more. I don’t follow a gluten-free diet myself, however, I know a lot of my lovely readers do whether it’s out of personal preference or for medical reasons. Not wanting to leave you out, I’m on a mission to create more gluten-free and other recipes to suit different dietary requirements.

As many regular readers will know I am intolerant to lactose, and my nephew hasCoeliac disease (meaning he can’t eat even the smallest amount of wheat). So when Delicious Alchemy got in touch to give some of their gluten free products a try, I nearly bit their arm off! :D One can of coconut milk is enough for two servings and you can use full fat or reduced fat coconut milk. I used full fat and it was seriously rich & creamy! Now beat your egg in a bowl with the fromage frais and pour in the polenta mix with the sweetcorn and spring onions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment