276°
Posted 20 hours ago

No Escape: A gripping, escapist crime thriller, now a major TV series for Paramount+

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lucy Clarke just may have become one of my favorite authors. I wasn't in a good reading place when I started this, having just finished finals and battling a bad head cold. I went about 30% without feeling very interested and it crossed my mind to abandon it for something more immersive. Then all of a sudden I couldn't put it down and I read for 5 straight hours today. That's just not something I do. On the release of the first look trailer today, the novel’s author Lucy Clarke said: “It’s been the most incredible experience to see my novel reimagined for the screen. I’ve loved every moment of the journey from reading early scripts to visiting the set in Thailand. The series is breathtaking: transportive, gripping, and thrilling from beginning to end. I can’t wait for viewers to fall in love with it, too!” This is the kind of moral dilemma that fascinates me. I think if I’d been in Lana’s situation when I was young I would have gone along with the skipper & crew, & I am absolutely certain I would now. It’s a question of loyalty & belonging, to the yacht & to the rest of the crew. But then had I been one of the Whitethorn House residents in Tana French’s The Likeness I’d have kept quiet about what happened to Lexie, who unlike Joseph I actually loved. And Whitethorn was just an old house. The Blue is a boat! Thank Heavens I’ve never had to decide something like that in real life. (Of course in The Secret History I would’ve helped dispose of Bunny too.) As they sail through sparkling seas and discover untouched islands, their old lives drift away on the current.

The lead writer on the series is Kris Mrksa (“White House Farm”), and Hans Herbots (“The Serpent”, “Cobra”) is the lead director. Executive Producers for New Pictures are Elaine Pyke and Willow Grylls with Kris Mrksa. PARAMOUNT+ Lana and Kitty have been friends since childhood - both looking to escape home for different reasons, they set off on the trip of a lifetime. When they meet the crew of "The Blue" they slip into what seems on the surface to be an idyllic and easy going lifestyle sailing from place to place. But underlying tensions and secrets threaten the very fabric of their friendship - then tragedy strikes. A 4 Star review by Sue gives a really good overview of the story and provides the reasons why you should read the book. See the review at: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... Sebastian Cardwell said: “The Blue promises viewers a heady mix of intrigue and escapism, delivered by an ensemble cast of UK and international talent.When I hear CSN’s Southern Cross I always tear up. The Blue of the title of this book is a 50 ft. offshore sailing yacht. Had I the chance to join her crew when I was young, I’d have been off like a shot. Hell, I’d be already aboard even now if they’d have me. Even knowing how the voyage will end.

Wish I was on a Yacht…sailing off yonder to some undisclosed location…with the beating sun on my body, and the cold refreshing aqua water swirling at my feet. Nice to dream!Jake Macapagal as Colonel Justin Reyes, a Filipino police chief who is investigating multiple crimes NO ESCAPE: FIRST LOOK TRAILER FOR DRAMA SERIES AT PARAMOUNT+ RELEASED ONLINE". Irishcinephile. 13 April 2023 . Retrieved 10 May 2023. Damn that was good! My stomach is in knots! I've found a new favorite author and as soon as I finished this one, I bought one of her other books, Swimming at Night. I hope it's just as good!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment