276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harry Potter – A Magical Year: The Illustrations of Jim Kay

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A Magical Year takes readers on an unforgettable journey through the seasons at Hogwarts. Jim Kay's incredible illustrations, paired with much loved quotations from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels, bring to life all of the magic, beauty and wonder of the wizarding world. If you're looking for something new, content-wise, this is not the book for you. But if you like a stroll down memory lane that lets you have a magical year, definitely read this. A Magical Year is an irresistible gift book for anyone who has ever been captivated by the Boy Who Lived, a glorious illustrated compendium that readers everywhere will cherish for years to come. Publication will be supported by a major retail and communications campaign. Although she writes under the pen name J.K. Rowling, pronounced like rolling, her name when her first Harry Potter book was published was simply Joanne Rowling. Anticipating that the target audience of young boys might not want to read a book written by a woman, her publishers demanded that she use two initials, rather than her full name. As she had no middle name, she chose K as the second initial of her pen name, from her paternal grandmother Kathleen Ada Bulgen Rowling. She calls herself Jo and has said, "No one ever called me 'Joanne' when I was young, unless they were angry." Following her marriage, she has sometimes used the name Joanne Murray when conducting personal business. During the Leveson Inquiry she gave evidence under the name of Joanne Kathleen Rowling. In a 2012 interview, Rowling noted that she no longer cared that people pronounced her name incorrectly. For a few examples, you can refer to my status updates. I didn't want to spoil too much - just show you enough to wet your appetites. ;)

Bloomsbury announces a unique and beautiful gift book for every day of the year, celebrating the astonishing art of Jim Kay paired with magical quotations from the original Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter – A Magical Year This irresistible gift book takes readers on an unforgettable journey through the seasons at Hogwarts. Jim Kay’s captivating illustrations, paired with much-loved quotations from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter novels — one moment, anniversary, or memory for every day of the year — bring to life all of the magic, beauty, and wonder of the wizarding world. Take a look at the cover below. It features the tagline “A spellbinding moment for every day from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter novels” and shows the Hogwarts Express chugging along through the countryside.A date for the next Illustrated Edition has yet to be announced, but do sign up to our newsletter here to hear the latest news.

I'm also going to also discuss the illustrations for the main series as well with only 4 of them currently out and of course there all amazing. I loved all of his drawings for the different characters and his interpretation of them and some were completely different to what i have pictured in my mind and i will be really interested how he does them for books 5-7. The buildings for each of the different parts of the castle and the surrounding areas I really loved and just kept looking at all the individual details and the colours that he chose were so good I had no complaints.Jim Kay has been enchanting readers since the publication of the Illustrated Edition of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in 2015. Now, in Harry Potter: A Magical Year, a selection of Kay’s most iconic illustrations are joined by previously unseen pencil sketches and preparatory pieces, offering unique and fascinating insight into the artist’s sketchbook. Each Harry Potter Illustrated Edition represents a huge and unique creative endeavour to bring to life the magic of J.K. Rowling’s wizarding world. Bloomsbury is exploring exciting new directions in illustration for the last two stories in the series. This is an irresistible gift book for anyone who has ever been captivated by the Boy Who Lived. Each day features a favourite anniversary or meaningful memory from the Harry Potter novels. All around, Jim Kay's scenic artwork and decorative painter's marks bring that moment to life in breathtaking detail. His unique interpretation is both captivating and transporting – picture frozen icicles glinting on the snowy towers of Hogwarts, the dancing eyes of Professor Albus Dumbledore, or the infectious hustle and bustle of Diagon Alley. Inside, a selection of his most iconic illustrations are joined by previously unseen pencil sketches and preparatory pieces, offering a unique and fascinating insight into the artist's sketchbook. A unique and beautiful gift book celebrating the art of Jim Kay — 366 magical moments from J.K Rowling’s Harry Potter novels, evoked in spellbinding brushstrokes, characterful ink work, and illuminating pencil sketches.

Las ediciones ilustradas de Jim Kay han embrujado a toda una generación de lectores de Harry Potter. Rebosante de magia, este volumen reúne sus dibujos más icónicos, una selección de esbozos inéditos y 366 inolvidables citas extraídas de los libros que conforman la serie. Observa el transcurrir del tiempo y las estaciones, celebra cumpleaños y fechas señaladas, mientras te reencuentras con tus personajes favoritos dibujados por Jim Kay, que conjura un año mágico en Hogwarts con pintura, lápiz y píxeles. This irresistible gift book takes readers on an unforgettable journey through the seasons at Hogwarts. Jim Kay’s captivating illustrations, paired with much-loved quotations from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter novels – one moment, anniversary, or memory for every day of the year – bring to life all of the magic, beauty, and wonder of the wizarding world. Rowling was born to Peter James Rowling, a Rolls-Royce aircraft engineer, and Anne Rowling (née Volant), on 31 July 1965 in Yate, Gloucestershire, England, 10 miles (16 km) northeast of Bristol. Her mother Anne was half-French and half-Scottish. Her parents first met on a train departing from King's Cross Station bound for Arbroath in 1964. They married on 14 March 1965. Her mother's maternal grandfather, Dugald Campbell, was born in Lamlash on the Isle of Arran. Her mother's paternal grandfather, Louis Volant, was awarded the Croix de Guerre for exceptional bravery in defending the village of Courcelles-le-Comte during the First World War. A unique and beautiful gift book celebrating the art of Jim Kay – 366 magical moments from J.K Rowling’s Harry Potter novels, evoked in spellbinding brushstrokes, characterful ink work, and illuminating pencil sketches. Jim Kay thus showed details that nicely represented the different people in the wizarding world but also the various creatures and places we all know so well.J.K. Rowling has received many awards and honours for her writing. She also supports a number of causes through her charitable trust Volant and is the founder of the children’s charity Lumos. For as long as she can remember, J.K. Rowling has wanted to be a writer, and is at her happiest in a room, making things up. She lives in Scotland with her family. The illustrated editions of the Harry Potter novels have enchanted fans since Jim Kay’s Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone was released in 2015. Since then, the series has become available up to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, with simultaneous releases in the United Kingdom and United States from Bloomsbury and Scholastic. A Magical Year takes readers on an unforgettable journey through the seasons at Hogwarts. Jim Kay’s incredible illustrations, paired with much-loved quotations from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter novels, evoke all of the magic, beauty and wonder of the wizarding world.

Bloomsbury Children’s Books said, ‘Working with Jim on these wonderful books has been a magical experience. Readers feel a deep, emotional connection to his work, appreciating the stories in new ways as they marvel at the richness and artistry of each piece. We feel so grateful and privileged to have enjoyed Jim’s vision of the wizarding world, and recognise the staggering amount of dedication and work it represents. We will miss collaborating with Jim enormously, but he will always have a very special place in our Harry Potter family of unparalleled illustration talent.’ Now, Bloomsbury has announced a new gift book titled Harry Potter – A Magical Year: The Illustrations of Jim Kay. It will feature 366 moments from the Harry Potter series, one for each day of the year, including for leap years. Jim Kay’s beautiful illustrations will be paired with favorite quotes from the novels, and each day will follow the passing of the seasons and anniversaries of events in the series. A unique and beautiful gift book celebrating the art of Jim Kay -- 366 magical moments from J.K Rowling’s Harry Potter novels, evoked in spellbinding brushstrokes, characterful ink work, and illuminating pencil sketches.

When Bloomsbury Children’s Books published the first Illustrated Edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone in 2015, readers were instantly mesmerised by Kay’s magical and rich evocation of the Boy Who Lived. J.K. Rowling said at the time, ‘seeing Jim Kay’s illustrations moved me profoundly. I love his interpretation of Harry Potter’s world, and I feel honoured and grateful that he has lent his talent to it.’ The series established itself as an acclaimed international hit, with fans eagerly awaiting each new instalment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment