276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Hat Full of Sky

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Funny, typically humorous . . . A must for any Terry Pratchett fan . . . With its witty and slightly confusing plot-twists and hilarious dialogue, this is, without doubt, another great children's book" ( Bristol Evening Post) Miss Level - Tiffany's current teacher who has two bodies and a cottage in the mountains. She helps the townspeople free of charge with anything they need. I don’t often gush for a book, but this one was very good. Pratchett’s 2004 Discworld story Hat Full of Sky (and second featuring Tiffany Aching and her friends the pictsies – the Nac Mac Feegle wee free men) was a joy to read.

A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett: Summary and reviews A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett: Summary and reviews

When I was child they thought I was twins,' she said over one of her shoulders. 'And then... they thought I was evil,' she said over another shoulder. Mistress Weatherwax to Tiffany: "I want to speak to the person who went to fight the Fairy Queen armed only with a frying pan." I dinna like this, Rob,' said a Feegle. 'It's too quiet.''Aye, Slightly Sane Georgie, it is that-''You are my sunshine, my only su-''Daft Wullie!' snapped Rob, without taking his eyes off the strange landscape. Thankfully Tiffany has the watchful eye of headological Granny Weatherwax, and a brash, sword-wielding bunch of Wee Free Men called the Nac Mac Feegle to guard her… but will it be enough to defeat the monster in her head? to the chalk to take the place of her dead grandmother as the witch of the land. She decides to make her hat out of the sky.LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives.

Hat Full Of Sky Quotes — Niche Quotes 185 Hat Full Of Sky Quotes — Niche Quotes

If you change a person into a frog you have to decide what to do with all the stuff that doesn't fit into the frog." Later, "That's the bits he doesn't need right now. Sort of Spare Brian." Scooby-Doo" Hoax: Jeannie's story of a pictsie clan that drove off a rival clan's raiders by animating a scarecrow, fooling their enemies into retreating before the 'bigjob' could spot them.The words ran through Tiffany’s mind as she watched the sheep, and she found joy – at the new lambs, at life, at everything. Joy is to fun what the deep seea is to a puddle. It’s a feeling inside that can hardly be contained. Only a few days ago I talked to a GR friend about those authors and their books that make you feel at home, all cozy and comfy. Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series is my ultimate home. I cannot stress that enough.

A Hat Full of Sky Quotes by Terry Pratchett - Goodreads A Hat Full of Sky Quotes by Terry Pratchett - Goodreads

Technically, the Tiffany books are Y.A., and have little connection with the rest of the series – mainly the presence of Granny Weatherwax as the chief witch on Discworld, not that witches have ranks or care much about authority. In her first outing, Tiffany Aching is too young to be a witch, but that didn’t stopped her from doing what needs to be done and stopping the Queen of the Faeries from invading her beloved Chalk . With the help of the Pictsies, Tiffany demonstrated that the most important talent a witch needs is to keep her eyes open and use her common sense, just like her beloved Granny Aching used to do. My favorite passage in the book is rather long, but it is an important illustration of the offbeat definition Pratchett gives for superpowers and how they are best deployed. In answer to why Granny Weatherwax sent her to a rather dumpy and unimpressive ‘research’ witch for training, Tiffany must chew on this: Witches were a bit like cats. They didn’t much like one another’s company, but they did like to know where all the other witches were, just in case they needed them.” Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical MomentsMiss Level threatens to deprive the Nac Mac Feegles of any taste of her 20 year old MacAbre Single Malt Whiskey which is bottled by Jimkin Bearhugger's Whiskey Distillery and is Ankh-Morpork's finest and most expensive whisky. Sir Samuel Vimes once had to empty an entire bottle onto his carpet to foil an elaborate set-up which, even more than the attempted entrapment, made him more determined to catch the perpetrators. In Roundworld, the prefix "Mac-" is attached to some of the finest Scotch single malt whiskies available; Macallan and MacPhail being two examples, and these are often referred to as simply "The -----"; The MacAllan" being one example. Although there are far more decent whiskeys prefixed with Glen- or La-, Mac is authentically whiskyish, being definitively Scottish. This particular whiskey's name has an added play on words because 'macabre' means "gruesome" and is associated with the horror of death, murder and decay. Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth This exploit brought Tiffany to the notice of the Witches, under the leadership of the formidable Mistress Weatherwax. Now they’ve arranged for her to be apprenticed to Miss Level, who lives in the mountains and is considered a bit “odd” even by witch standards. Evil Costume Switch: When Tiffany is possessed by the Hiver, she's inspired to raid the local witch shop, buy a cape, a tall hat, and several pieces of occult jewelry. Granny Weatherwax no longer needs any kind of introduction or summary. But it is important to note that Tiffany herself has already become a very special character - and this is only her second book! She might be only 11 in this volume, but she's already thoroughly fleshed out, has her head and heart in the right place and I'm now convinced where this is headed (I had a hunch before but this made it clear, though I don't want to think about it yet). She's smart, quirky, loveable, headstrong ... a proper hag. ;)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment