276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Timex Weekender x Peanuts 38 mm Watch

£26£52Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Again it's quite spartan - and that is a big part of this watch's enduring appeal. Both the indices and hands are slim - there's lume on the hands but not the markers. I can't quite make my mind up about the date window. It's small and discreet, presumably to avoid creating an imbalance on the dial. But at the size it is, I'd prefer if it was removed altogether.

A mechanical movement Timex Marlin featuring Snoopy was a little too meta for me. The Timex X Peanuts X Todd Snyder seemed a little too overly branded. The Space Snoopy models were all at MSRP due to the Moon landing frenzy. I decided to chose the “Snoopy 38mm Fabric Strap Watch”. For technical purposes it’s a Timex Weekender. Of the two, I do prefer this larger case - and yes, some brushed finishing would be nice. But there's also an argument that the addition of different finishing could spoil the watch's simplicity.The new generation of Marlin watches updated the case size and upgraded the movement. Both improvements that have largely been welcomed by watch fans. I'd suggest that it does. Firstly, it's a straightforward watch. The case is simple with modest lugs, no crown guards and a relatively small crown. The case is polished and has the timeless design that you'd expect from a dress watch. Finally, there is the green second hand that drew me to the watch. It's distinctive. Something slightly different to other dress watches. There's a variation of the Marlin with a yellow second hand, but for me, this green variation is better. The MK1 depicts Snoopy walking on the cratered surface of the moon, set against a multicolor sunrise and the inscription "Snoopy - Space Mission - 1969." Of course, the hands, markers and date window are designs points you notice at a second glance. The Snoopy graphic - a beagle hugging a globe - is what really catches your attention. It's a great little picture and makes this dress watch a playful piece.

If you are into watches and haven’t noticed that Timex is making big moves lately, I envy you. You are truly living the dream of collecting in a vacuum. Chances are, most of us aren’t. We’ve even covered several Timex models here at Two Broke Watch Snobs. The current Timex range is built on the foundations of this history and the brand’s later innovations. A standout watch from this later period was the Ironman - introduced in 1986. It became the best-selling watch in America and the world’s most popular sports watch. Following this, the company developed the Indiglo night light and the Expedition collection. The success of this marketing, and the sales of the watches through a variety of channels, meant that by the 1960s they were America’s best selling watches. A third of all watches sold there were made by Timex. It’s a mission that has remained fairly consistent. Timex still focuses on the affordable end of the watch market.For some, these eco-credentials will be important. The Take Care x Peanuts Marlin has two selling points here. The strap and the self-winding nature of the automatic movement. Within the current Timex range, there are a number of memorable designs, most of which do represent good value for money.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment