276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Opticron Discovery WP PC 8x50 Binoculars, Black

£99.5£199.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Perhaps Leica should take an example from Zeiss and make a line of hunting binoculars with greaseless focusers for hunters (and owlers), and another line with grease for birders. According to Peter Abrahams list the Hensoldt Dialyts first appeared in 1905 with a 5x35, after their first roof prism bin in 1897.

I will give Ultravid a try one more time, but as I remember I pulled the occular all the way when looking through without my glasses on and closed it when looking with my glasses on. When buying binoculars, most people look for magnification. However, there are other considerations that are equally important. For example, do you need waterproof binoculars? Are binoculars for birding or other activities? Do you need tripod adapters and to what extent will you use them? These are all questions that you must ask before buying your next pair of binoculars. I have seen the non-HD Ultravid 8x50 criticized for excessive eye relief and color fringing, by one of our more esteemed and near-impossible to please members. I flip and flop in my sensitivity to color fringing, but hate eye relief problems, and would take that comment seriously. The finder can be modified more later. Seeing more perspective in Cassiopeia star clouds is likely where the increase for would make a difference. Also some planet near moon instances. I believe this Astro-Tech finder is identical to the SV-50 but does not ship with rings. Agena Astro also sells an APM finder which appears to come from the same source.Steiner Navigator Pro 7x50 Binoculars are an ideal choice for outdoor and sporting activities. The floating prism system makes it easier to see in low-light conditions, as well as for prolonged periods of use. The Makrolon housing is extremely durable, lightweight, and weatherproof. Read Review In this thread, http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=116599, there is some discussion of the Trinovid coatings, which changed throughout the lifetime of the BA and BN models, not necessarily with the model change. There is also another thread, titled "Trinovid Coatings" I think, that you might want to search out, that discusses the coating evolution. Aside from slight differences in color balance, and presumably transmission or why bother, at some point the exterior coatings were changed to be harder and more resistant to abuse and cleaning.

The high weight is the consequence of the degree of ruggedness and precision that Leica achieved without the benefits of magnesium, titanium, polycarbonate, etc.

I imagine a premium eyepiece adding some torque to the finder and being a bit concerning living there unattended during a session. But it also would give better views than simple eyepieces. I would feel comfortable leaving a Plossl in there all the time. With a 1.25" focuser, I can do either at a later date I suppose. Please complete the form below for a quote - Please be as accurate as possible to help us give an accurate quote.

Just returned from a trip to the outskirts of Warsaw to experience observation through my bino in total darkness with no lights. It was even more then I have expected. I could see details of what was on few meadows that were completly covered with darkeness, plain awesome. Also when observing during daylight, amaizing sharpeness and depth of field. Interchangeable eyepieces: I often swap eyepieces. The 16mm T-5 Nagler provides a 6.36 degree TFoV at 12.5x with a 4mm exit pupil. That's a nice eyepiece for hunting galaxies and star hopping on a finer scale. One can go higher.. I worked for Leica as their binocular engineer for about 17 years then moved to Zeiss. I also collect binoculars. And while exploring these old names, did the Di (in Zeiss Dialyt) refer to the two halves of a binocular??

For telescopes, the optical diameter (also known as aperture) is the size of a telescope's main light-collecting lens or primary mirror, measured in millimeters or inches. Telescopes with larger optical diameters collect more light, which leads to an increase in brightness and image resolution compared to smaller instruments. got a few questions, how much when it was brand new? seems like leica didn't make it for many years , which year did leica stop making it? and how is the optic performance? thank you This is the Zeiss 8x56 BT* Design Selection from the 90s. It was replaced by the Victory Series which was itself replced by the FL series. It's a true masterpiece of design art! I would never replace this beauty with any of its successors! :t: An 8 degree FOV would make star hopping a snap. At 5.5 degrees, I often need to make leaps of faith to get to the next star. You would not have gone wrong with any of the binoculars you mentioned. They are all great "classiscs"! Now, you have the Swaro 8x56 and you will have a lot of fun with it B

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment