276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Airhead: The Imperfect Art of Making News

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Gayle, Damien; Quinn, Ruth (5 September 2016). "Emily Maitlis stalker jailed for three years". The Guardian. London. Archived from the original on 6 September 2016.

Airhead by Emily Maitlis review – up close with Trump and the

What I thought would be a more long-form explanation of the news-making process, turned out to be an almost memoir-like examination of Maitlis’ Newsnight career, detailing a number of memorable and famous (or infamous) encounters whilst providing a peak behind the curtain into the decisions and circumstances that were involved. A spokesperson for OneWorld, the publisher of Scoops, said: “Sam’s book speaks for itself and she shares credit in it and in interviews.” Emily Maitlis is a driven journalist in a male dominated world who beyond her natural good looks has succeeded at the BBC and fronted Newsnight with a degree of grace and an ear for a story.Waterson, Jim (28 May 2020). "Emily Maitlis says she asked for night off after Dominic Cummings storm". The Guardian . Retrieved 2 June 2020.

BBC journalist Emily Maitlis on her history with Hong Kong BBC journalist Emily Maitlis on her history with Hong Kong

This is not to suggest that there is not a great deal of thought and planning that goes into each story and/or interview - and it is evident why Maitlis is as successful and respected a journalist as she is. I use the word autobiography reluctantly, as it’s not a compendium encapsulating her childhood and personal trials, but rather a polished set of professional anecdotes and tales from her journalistic journey. Each chapter contains a more insightful and intriguing story than the other in this bound bundle of joy. The prince expressed regret in the interview about his continued association with Epstein after the financier’s 2008 admission of soliciting underage sex. But he said he did not regret the friendship itself as it led to connections which were “actually very useful”. A deliciously funny behind-the-scenes take on broadcasting and her encounters with politicians and celebrities * i * Waiting in 43C heat for Bill Clinton, she changes her clothes in a barn and frets about her 'pothole-jolted make-up'Tobitt, Charlotte (7 September 2020). "BBC Europe editor breached impartiality with tweet declaring Michael Gove's Brexit hopes 'delusional' ". Press Gazette. It is her dry humour that also gets conveyed and I get no sense of a woman who feels she is the leading star or the main player. What translates is her sense of teamwork, a shared vision and focus coupled with the support and encouragement she receives and reciprocates to her Newsnight buddies. Tobitt, Charlotte (24 September 2019). "BBC upholds complaint against Emily Maitlis over 'sneering' Newsnight discussion with Rod Liddle". Press Gazette. My dad died last month. One of the things that brought him great joy in hospital was listening to the music he loved. One day I thought he was asleep and he started mouthing this name, Dinu Lipatti. I couldn’t understand at first. Then I typed it into Google and up came this extraordinary Romanian pianist whose life was tragically cut short at the age of 33. So I played my dad his version of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No 1. Even as he was dying, my dad was still introducing me to great music. 5. Film In her August 2022 MacTaggart Lecture at the Edinburgh TV Festival, Maitlis reflected on the incident, saying that BBC editors were initially complimentary. The following day, after a complaint from the Prime Minister's office, the BBC apologised and removed the segment from its streaming service. [22] In the lecture, Maitlis also questioned the promptness with which the BBC apologised.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment