276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HiFiMAN Arya Full-size Over Ear Planar Magnetic Audiophile Adjustable Headphone

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Hifiman HE6SE certainly needs better amplification than the Arya Stealth. It’s also a lot less comfortable because of the older headband and smaller ear cups. Sound wise the HE6SE is more focussed and less forgiving. I wouldn’t call the HE6SE intimate, but they aren’t as spacious and airy as the Arya Stealth. The HE6SE imaging and 3-dimensionality is pretty song, even if the Arya Stealth sounds “larger” in the width. For me the HE6SE is tighter and lighter in the bass department with an over flatter, more neutral presentation. The Arya Stealth’s top end presentation is more forward, fuller and as such, more present always. In the HE6SE this is more neutral. Some would probably say the HE6SE sounds dull compared to the Arya Stealth, while those who like the HE6SE would say the Arya Stealth is too “expressive”. Both headphones are very different, and I see the majority preferring the Arya Stealth over the HE6SE. It’s just more exciting, energetic, and engaging to listen to. Nonetheless, even if i'm gratefull to have the chance to test and review such high end planar Headphones, it doesn't inflict on my critical listening impressions, which are subjective and stubbornly independent minded.

Delicate, yet never too relaxed, the highs add a sens of dynamic lightness too, that benefit woodwind instrument holographic layering. In fact, this is near analytical treble, but that doesn't feel forced or in your face. Upper Midrange & Treble needs some intensive Burn-In (120 – 150 Hours) to tame sibilance & sharpness First for tuning, the Arya V2 was a little too forward/harsh in the treble (5khz, 8khz and 12khz) for my preferences. Without EQ it became unlistenable for me. Speaking of the HD800S, how does the Arya compare to this venerable classic? From a tonal perspective, the Arya has a slightly V-shaped profile with a sharp vividness while the HD800S is smoother with a more neutral tuning. That 1 kHz scoop is quite noticeable when doing an AB comparison. Though the HD800S does still have a bit of an edge to its sound, it’s much better controlled than what the Arya presents. The midbass region on the other hand sounds pretty strong, tight and shows a moderate level of impact that can be improved with the bass switch of the xDuoo XD05 Plus, which shows again how capable the planar driver of the Arya is. Instruments like cross drums and trumpets are quite accented and do show a warmish and soft tonality, without to lose the impressive sense of clarity and resolution in this area.

For me the Arya are the Planar answer to Sennheiser HD800 or HD820, it offer an even more open and out of your head spatiality and better dynamic and sound layering for way less money. I do prefer the slightly warmer and less dry timbre too over HD820 as well as how the bass hit in a more weighty way. Only con would be that Arya are harder to drive properly and have not as good craftmanship even if HD820 is near all plastic built. Most if not all planar Headphones are hard to drive and benefit from good amping power, and the Arya is sure no exception but I wouldn't say they are harder to drive than the Sundara, yet perhaps a bit even more capricious. It is pretty comfortable and the offers enough clamping force to keep it firmly on my average sized head, without to become uncomfortable, even after longer listening periods. The tuning of the Arya stealth is more to the neutral side, but with a softer and very musical delivery. The key characteristics are control, speed, body, energy, and dynamics.

The new Stealth edition is still too forward in the treble for my preferences, but I don't experience the same "grittiness" from the V2. Their a sens of musical vivacity that is highly engaging and I would not say it's a very smooth sounding headphones, yet it's not harsh, nor sibilant or trebly, just not something I would suggest to those seeking a warm or dark sounding headphones. These are really for big headroom lover, those who want to be able to position precisely instrument in a vast and open spatiality. But let dig deeper in the sound now. The HiFiMan HE1000V2 is the big brother to the Arya Stealth Magnets. Looks-wise and sound-wise, it's easy to see the relation. Both have a natural sound with a touch of warmth and great detail retrieval. Now, the HE1000SE is a different story, with a more forward and analytical sound. I think the HE1000V2 and the Arya Stealth Magnets share more sound DNA. The bass presentation of the Arya Stealth is better than “just good”. You get impactful, vibrating, and fast bass. Bass has good impact, and the drivers are always in control delivering a tight, detailed and bass with a good amount of sub-presence. The better desktop amps improve the bass layering and depth even more, and the Arya Stealth nicely scales up in this regard.i've gone a bit crazy with the Arya and pair it with all amps and dac-amps that offer 500mW and more power output) Fast forward today, although the Ether Flow is still considered a high-end planar headphone, there are now “better-sounding” or more competitive headphones in the market. And I think the Hifiman Arya is one of them. The Arya has better details, clarity, and transparency than the Ether Flow. But to my ears, the Ether Flow has more bass presence and sounds fuller, warmer than the Arya Stealth. Price and Availability The cables are user-replaceable and have channel orientation for left and right. An “L” and “R” are indicated inside the headband. Once the cable is installed with correct channel orientation, an easy way to tell left and right is the cable is connected toward the front of the ear cup. The cable will drape on the user’s chest for greater comfort. The Ear Pads At the bottom of the headband system is a metal part, which combines the ear cup holders with the headband of the HiFiMAN Arya Stealth Magnets. This is part of the rotating mechanism that can be rotated up to 360°. The HiFiMAN Arya Stealth Magnet Version offers a very realistic and effortless female vocal presentation. The level of detailed retrieval and realism is simply amazing when I do listen to voices such like Aretha Franklin or Sertap Erener. Emotions such like sadness or excitement are reflected by the Arya Stealth Magnet Version with an impressive sense of naturalness and realism when I do listen to Sarah McLachlan or Randy Crawford, which is simply breathtaking.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment