276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Friendaholic: Confessions of a Friendship Addict

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What's less fascinating to me is Day's hand wringing about what text message she should send a shitty friend who she doesn't really like. Here she confesses to be a friendship addict - something I am ruthlessly not - but it was interesting to see how others go about their needs and desires in a friend relationship. This was certainly my experience when, at one of the lowest points of my life, I made one of my closest friends. The portraits she paints of the most important people in her life are truly charming, and hold mirrors up to many of my own relationships.

As a staunch critic of mass consumption, which he viewed as a threat to the integrity of the individual, Lasch was particularly attuned to the ways in which it discouraged “initiative and self-reliance” and promoted “dependence” and “passivity”. I loved the exploration of not just what friendship is and means to people but that it's okay to end friendships, just as it is to end other relationships. Unfortunately, for me, the book is most interesting where it is least like a confessional and most like a scientific exploration of friendship. Tickets can only be sold through the Southbank Centre and our authorised agents, and can't be resold.As these charges are the responsibility of the recipient, please check the customs service in your destination country to see if charges are applicable. With the crisis came a dawning realisation: her truest friends were not the ones she had been spending most time with. It seems like a sad indictment of society that we even need to try and analyse friendships but the author sums it up herself…. Visit our privacy Policy for more information about our services, how New Statesman Media Group may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications.

Just take your badge and car park ticket to the parking attendant office at the entrance to the car park for validation before you leave.I went into this really sceptical, but TBF to the author I don't know who else is discussing friendship in as nuanced a way as her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment