276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Star Wars Clone Turbo Tank with Jedis, Battle Droids, and AT-RT | 75151 by LEGO

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The "Clone Turbo Tank" name possibly arose because at the time of the release of the prequels, Toy Biz owned the rights to produce toys named "Juggernaut" (as they had the Marvel license). Though Hasbro now has the rights to this name, the 2009 toy was still named Clone Turbo Tank. LEGO has also made 3 models of a Juggernaut, all called "Clone Turbo Tank". The first Clone Turbo Tank Lego set 7261, released in 2005, is an A6 Juggernaut model, as seen in Revenge of the Sith during the Battle of Kashyyyk. The second set 8098, released in August 2010, is a Juggernaut model with specifications similar to that of an A5 Juggernaut, as seen in the Clone Wars series during the Battle of Felucia. The third set 75151, released in May 2016, is based on the A6 Juggernaut from Revenge of the Sith during the Battle of Kashyyyk, similar to the first model. Notes: Canon sources sometimes give a length of 23.40 metres, but that describes the fully armoured BTL-B Y-wing Starfighter deployed during the Clone Wars, rather than its later stripped-down equivalent. I'd like to see the math done to calculate how close (or far) these "closest" sets are in terms of scale...and then see them ranked from closest to Death Star. :) When chosen to appear in Revenge of the Sith, the realization of its scale and weapon systems greatly outstripped those imagined by the Expanded Universe, being roughly larger by a scale factor of two, or eight times larger in volume. To accommodate this, the version that appears on-screen was denoted as the A6 model, with the smaller, EU model already denoted as the A5. As for the Flagg, at 6’ long, that would only be 115’ long. Even helicopter carriers seem to start at about five times that length. The USS Gerald R Ford is right around 100x that length. I can’t find any hard numbers, but based on photos, I think I did find one “aircraft carrier” that was shorter. In 1849, the SMS Vulcano became the first “balloon carrier”, when it was used to launch bombs carried by hot air balloons against Venice. Over 40 years earlier, the 127’ HMS Pallas was used to launch kites bearing propaganda against Napoleon. So, when you get down to the length of a football field, you’re largely talking about unmanned aircraft, or at max maybe one small helicopter.

There are at least two different versions of instructions for this set. The differences for the second version are indicated in this inventory in the Alternate Items section with Match ID 99.Infantry Support Platform · RTT-04 armored troop transport · RX-200 Falchion-class assault tank · TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank · Unstable Terrain Artillery Transport HAVw A6 Juggernauts were used fairly extensively in the Battle of Kashyyyk alongside AT-APs, where they went up against enemy NR-N99 tank droids and DSD1 dwarf spider droids.

true - but for example Cavegod's sandcrawler is quite pretty in minifig scale. On the other hand it would need 4 - 6 floors according to the cross-section book. Even with floors fitting to the size of Jawa's it would need to be higher. In the end it is a compromise of a fitting scale and still correct proportions. Nobody would like to see a stubby sandcrawler. Simply you would omit one or two floors and then it is fine. Recent discussion surrounding 75309 Republic Gunship has prompted broader examination of minifigure-scale. This interesting topic undoubtedly warrants investigation and this article encompasses numerous significant vehicles, determining their approximate minifigure-scale. Forgot to mention last time: Thank You @CapnRex101 , for using Boba and Jango Fetts' ship's PROPER NAME...yesh, don't know what's worse: revisionist history, or the name their trying to replace it with...But I digress... Includes Luminara Unduli, Quinlan Vos, Clone Commander Gree and Elite Corps Clone Trooper, plus 2 Battle DroidsYeah, I can’t find actual dimensions, but it looks like the Skystriker was under 2’ long. At exactly 2’ it would represent a plane that’s 38’4” long compared to the action figures. The real F-14 is just barely narrower than that with the wings closed, and was nearly 63’ long. I’ve got “Battle of the X-Planes” on DVD. It’s a Nova episode about the real design competition for the Joint Strike Fighter project that produced the F-35. The plane it ended up beating for the contract was the X-32, a dinky little sci-fi styled single-seater plane that’s still 45’ long. So, yeah, the Skystriker would probably be smaller than the P-51 Mustang.

Well I’ve got 10 on this list, so I guess my collection is pretty well scaled. Of course it may be 13 if I include the Death Star, Corellian Corvette, and Nebulon B. Certain memorable vehicles would be decidedly unsuitable for minifigure-scale renditions, based upon their incredible size. Nevertheless, we can establish how large they would need to be, for accurate scaling beside minifigures! Venator-class Star Destroyer Good stuff! I've thought about something like this (and put together a little spreadsheet for the UCS some time ago), so it's great to see it done for all the major movie vehicles. That must've been a lot of work. It includes a Star Corps Trooper, Mace Windu, Clone Trooper, Clone Aerial Trooper, Clone Scout Trooper, and two Battle Droid minifigures.Measurements taken from StarWars.com, Wookieepedia.com or the most recent canonical reference book. Yes, with the 1:41 scale of the article more emphasis is put on figure height. This works for most vehicles but the smaller walkers like AT-RT and AT-ST are missing width, especially the latters 2009 version can barely manage one pilot. This is why the common AT-ST mocs with Bionicle ball joints go the route of recent official sets and veer towards 1:32 or 1:35 scale which is frankly too large, especially when they then go on to put them next to 1:41 starships, but it easily allows 2 seats and interior. At least in Lego form it's a lot easier to mask scale inaccuracies, because there is no actual solid point of reference scale wise. A minifig is intrinsically a really bad estimate of the human form factor, so everything else is a lot easier to sell as "somewhat in scale". I think it would have been more interesting to highlight a subset of ships, like the ones that were the closest to actual mini figure scale. Then perhaps follow-up articles about ones that are further away from “true” minifig scale.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment