276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Snowed In For Christmas: a Sunday Times bestselling Christmas romance novel filled with lots of family drama and festive spirit for 2022!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book started off a bit flat but improved as the story went on. I think I would like a seat at the table In fact I really shouldn't need to say anything else as Sarah Morgan is wonderful, her books are always something special and if you are a fan of hers like I am then why are you reading this review, when you should be reading the book already! This Christmas the Miller siblings have one goal - to avoid their family's well-meaning questions. Ross, Alice and Clemmie have secrets that they don't intend to share, and they are relying on each other to deflect attention. You don’t know that,” Rhea said. “We’ve lost two big accounts in the last month. Not our fault, I know, but the end result is the same.” Snowed In for Christmas by Sarah Morgan is an emotional story of love and family. I loved this heartwarming story full of family drama.

This book was all things hilarious, with just a tad of grief and sadness mixed in. But I just couldn’t put it down - from the blurb you know that Lucy is going to turn up and be mistaken as Ross’ girlfriend but you need to understand that the fact “Actual Lucy” is in their house is soooo troublesome! Give me the coffee. The indigestion will pass, I’m sure.” He took the coffee and caught her eye. “What?” A train set?” Ryan, the intern, grinned. “He does know that a baby can’t play with a train set, doesn’t he?” Lucy, Ross, Alice, Nico, Clemmie, Fergus, Glenda, Douglas and last, but not least, Nanna Jean have all gathered for Christmas- except that Lucy is an unexpected guest, having found herself trapped there by a vicious winter storm after she pulls an in person ‘cold call’ with Ross Miller, the CEO of ‘Miller Active’, which specializes in activewear, desperately hoping to snag a new and lucrative account. As I have come to expect from a Sarah Morgan novel, there is always romance that runs throughout the story. Not being privy to Nico or Ross’s feelings was quite interesting; readers rely on the female characters and how they believe their connection is progressing. I thought this was really effective and meant there was less emphasis on love and more on character development. Indeed, readers get a true understanding of Clemmie, Alice and Lucy’s personalities and the significant choices they have made in the lead-up to Christmas.Lucy - not part of the family but works for a London based marketing company who have suffered a blow which will threaten jobs. Lucy dreads this time of year as she lost her parents when she was younger and more recently her gran brought her up now she is alone.

Lucy Clarke works for a London-based marketing agency that’s more like family than an employer. Unfortunately, they are all facing the possibility of layoffs because of the loss of two major accounts, despite the valiant efforts of their benevolent leader. Lucy decides to make a desperate pitch for a major account, Miller Active, a sportswear company led by CEO Ross Miller even though her agency probably isn’t on the approved prospect list. It’s almost Christmas and his family home is Glen Lodge in the Scottish Highlands so Lucy decides she’ll combine a trip there to develop another project with a visit to Glen Lodge and deliver off her proposal in person. Meanwhile, the Miller siblings meet to plan their visit home and how to avoid their mother Glenda and grandmother Nanna Jean’s prying into their personal lives. Alice is a doctor who is bringing Nico, a cardiac surgeon and the man she’s been dating for nine months, home for the holidays. Clemmie, the youngest, has a major secret she plans to share when she arrives. And Ross is dreading confrontations with his father, Douglas, who helms the family business, Glen Shortbread, and expected him to take his place, not go his own way.Lucy kept her expression neutral. “It’s true that there is a focus on health and fitness in January.”

She was intimidated by gyms and she had no reason to wear sportswear. Her exercise regime involved racing round London meeting clients and influencers, and scoping out new cool places to include in their visual campaigns. Lucy Clarke pushed her way through the revolving glass doors and sprinted to the reception desk, stripping off her coat and scarf as she ran. She was late for the most important meeting of her life.We’ll figure it out.” Arnie gathered up his files and his laptop. “The timing is good. Everyone thinks about fitness in January, right? We’ve all stuffed ourselves over the festive period. Turkey. Multiple family meals.” No. I want you on this. Getting influencers on board at this late stage is going to be next to impossible, and you’re the one who makes the impossible happen.” He rubbed his chest and Lucy felt a flash of concern. Don’t be. I’ve never been happier, that’s the truth, and if some family tension is the price I have to pay then I’ll gladly pay it. And we’d love to have you.” It’s a kind offer and I appreciate it, but no thanks.” She knew Christmas would be rough. She didn’t want to inflict her misery on anyone else, and pretending to be fine when you weren’t fine became exhausting after a while. Her Christmas gift to herself would be to give herself permission to feel horrible.

Besides the developing relationship between woman and men, as Paige and Jake, readers can admire the real friendship between Paige, Frankie, and Eva, who were friends since they were young. There are always there for each other. This good example on how a perfect friendship should be. Paige, Frankie, and Eva love, support and care for each other genuinely. I never did like Alice. The best part of the book for me was when her wannabe fiancee, Nico tells her off for how she's been treating him. Sarah is so bloody good at creating worlds and characters you fall instantly and hopelessly in love with, and Snowed In For Christmas is no different. Heartfelt, evocative and romantic' Laura Jane Williams

Summary

You want me to take on the account?” Lucy glanced round the room. There were twenty-nine other people in the meeting. “Maybe someone else should—” It is almost Christmas and the Miller family is holding their big holiday get together with the three adult children coming home to their parents home to celebrate. with all three siblings, Ross, Alice, and Clemmie living in London they do get together quite often and during one of their dinners before returning home they contemplate giving Ross a pretend girlfriend to please their mother who worries of his dating life. The Miller siblings all live in London but are all going home to their remote family home in the highlands of Scotland. They are all carrying a secret that they want to keep firmly to their chest. That’s the spirit.” He managed a smile. “You’re not to worry. If the worst happens, I can make some calls and you’ll be in another job before the day is out.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment