276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wave Me Goodbye

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was super excited to read this book and it fulfilled my dreams of it being a great book once again from Jacqueline. Stirling’s desire for a small undercover unit that will create mayhem behind enemy lines meets firm resistance but through sheer grit and determination, a group of the toughest, boldest and brightest soldiers are brought together to form the first band of feared SAS fighters. I’ve had a transplant and I’m a shining example of how wonderful it is that we have the whole transplant system. The ending felt a little flat to me - I felt Mrs Waverleys character could have been developed a little more as well as Shirley’s mother, but this was still an interesting read with some twists and turns. I really enjoyed Wave Me Goodbye because Jacqueline Wilson used different vocabulary and included some great Victorian language.

When we sit down to chat some weeks after the launch, Jacqueline says she is back to full health and “truly grateful” for her treatment.Now, go and give them a good scrubbing, and then I want you to get your toothbrush and the toothpaste and your flannel – squeeze it out properly – and we’ll put them in my sponge bag. Hospital was really scary and my throat had hurt horribly, though they’d given me ice cream and jelly for dinner instead of meat and potatoes, which was an unexpected treat. Shirley was an evacuee from London and was sent with her school to the countryside to avoid the bombing from Germany.

Award-winning, bestselling and beloved author Jacqueline Wilson turns to this period of history for the first time, in this beautiful, moving story of friendship and bravery against the backdrop of the worst conflict the world has ever known. I particularly found the dialect very refreshing especially the way people spoke rather than the diversity of Cockney versus Country speak.I have to be honest - I found Kevin much more of an interesting character than the main protagonist Shirley, which brings this down to a three stars - he had hints of a much richer backstory that I would loved to have learnt more about. Jacqueline is also a great reader, and has amassed over 20,000 books, along with her famous collection of silver rings. When they were on the train I thought she would go with the other Paradise Rd pupils but instead she snuck in with the convent pupils.

It’s just great,” says Jacqueline, 71, who had the operation in December 2014 at the London teaching hospital St George’s in Tooting.

If you enjoy light historical reads, and are curious about what the lives children being shipped off to the countryside during the war then this is a nice little read. Shipyard Sally (1939) - Monty Banks - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". It seemed as if the picture I had in my head of the characters had been projected onto paper and been put in the story. They develop an understanding of each other’s troubled backgrounds and gain strength from their shared experiences.

Navíc Marylin potom měla ještě díky svému vzhledu a falešnému hezkému vystupování super reputaci u učitelů, což mě naštvalo ještě víc.

It’s no picnic but it’s a way of keeping yourself going and better than the alternative,” she laughs. My smocked dress was my best frock – tiny red and white checks with red gathers across the chest and a proper sash at the back. Her train journey from London includes hundreds of other evacuated children and details their arrival in a small village. Now I feel like I'm being a bit insensitive, it's interesting for me but was often sad and horrible for them! The song is also used in movie Mera Naam Joker of Bollywood directed by Raj Kapoor while the student Raju was saying goodbye to his teacher after her wedding.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment