276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Needing to Know for Sure: A CBT-Based Guide to Overcoming Compulsive Checking and Reassurance Seeking

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ken Goodman, LCSW, board member of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, and president of www.quietmindsolutions.com (Ken Goodman, LCSW)

Words and Phrases for Know For Sure - Power Thesaurus 150 Words and Phrases for Know For Sure - Power Thesaurus

Kimberly Morrow, LCSW, anxiety therapist, author, national speaker, and co-owner of www.anxietytraining.com (Kimberly Morrow, LCSW) I love this book! It’s the only book specifically on reassurance, and it explains in great detail the categories of fears that keep reassurance going. If you compulsively seek reassurance, after reading this book, you may feel understood and empowered in ways that you haven’t previously felt. It offers helpful clarifications about unproductive reassurance seeking, unhelpful self-talk, and common categories of reassurance traps. The book’s examples make the concepts easy to apply in your own life. With their combined seventy-plus years’ experience, Sally and Marty’s style is deeply compassionate and deeply knowledgeable.”

Needing to Know for Sure is a terrific resource for anyone who wants to understand how futile attempts to eliminate uncertainty in life are at the core of any obsession. The authors’ clear expertise in OCD and anxiety is reflected in their believable examples of people trapped in the need to know. The book offers a great variety of tips and tools for abandoning unproductive reassurance and learning that life really is better with doubt.” —Jon Hershfield, MFT, author of Overcoming Harm OCD, and director of The OCD and Anxiety Center of Greater Baltimore -- Jon Hershfield, MFT What I feared the most changed with time after I sort of did exposure therapy on myself. My first dominant fear was that of developing a Seizure.. So while it paralyzed me at first, eventually I reached the point where I said "F it, I wanna know what this thing ruining my life really is" so I researched it, I read about, I talked to people who had it, until Seizure had become something I thought "ok.. if it happens, it's not so bad, I could live with that and actually many people do. Jerrold F. Rosenbaum, MD, chief of psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital, and Stanley Cobb Professor in the department of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School (Jerrold F. Rosenbaum, MD) Robert W. McLellarn, PhD, founder and director of the Anxiety and Panic Treatment Center, LLC in Portland, OR (Robert W. McLellarn, PhD)

Needing to Know For Sure? - Shepherd Why read Needing to Know For Sure? - Shepherd

If you’ve ever become paralyzed by worries like ‘Am I crazy?’ or ‘Will my kids be ok?’ then this book is for you. If you have OCD, it will help you stop trying to replace your negative thoughts with positive ones. This book will free you to accept all your thoughts, and give up the pursuit of certainty. The authors clearly explain the value of surrender, allowing worry without being dominated by it. If you care about someone with OCD, this book will show you how to stop offering unproductive reassurance and help this person embrace a challenging life.” Fear is an illusion of your mind, only fears that should be taken seriously.. seriously as in letting your fear take control of you, is that of the immediate physical nature. Such as a car headed straight for you or neighbors dog running for your grill with food on it, lol Many times, the damage our own immune system does in response to a bodily signal is more destructive than the injury or antigen itself. So it is with the torment of doubt and uncertainty, and the rush to relief and reassurance. Seif and Winston have laid out the challenge and the solution to the self-inflicted torment of anxiety and distress about uncertain future threats. This volume will help people live.” It’s the most recent book, the authors have combined 80 years of experience in treating people. So, you’d find most recent examples of people and their thoughts(which brings you kind of relief like you’re not alone) Asking for reassurance is a self-reinforcing behavior—if you do it, you’re less likely to handle stressful situations without needing further reassurance. And so the cycle continues. The CBT skills in this book will help you break this exhausting and painful pattern, so you can build self-confidence and improve your life.

Scrabble Tools

Of all the books I’ve read so far, most of them are based on Therapies like CBT and ACT. I’d say this book stands out of every other book. A few factors I realized make this my top list are:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment