276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ok Computer

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So I bit the bullet and got the 3LP Blue because everyone said it's the bee's knees and damn were they right.

Radiohead - OK Computer - OKNOTOK 1997-2017 - Norman Records

Yorke said he did not want to do "another miserable, morbid and negative record", and was "writing down all the positive things that I hear or see. That lilting chorus of “Today is the first day of the rest of your days” isn’t a promise; it’s a death sentence, and the hapless soul inside it is doomed to expire soundlessly in the intestines of some soulless corporate edifice. Steven Hyden of AV Club said that by 1999, starting with The Man Who, "what Radiohead had created in OK Computer had already grown much bigger than the band," and that the album went on to influence "a wave of British-rock balladeers that reached its zenith in the '00s".The “rarities” included here have never been all that rare, and many of the songs included on this set (“How I Made My Millions,” “Polyethylene”) live in readily accessible digital eternity on Spotify and have been performed live for more than a decade. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Conversely, other critics have also argued that OK Computer is a concept album only in part, or in a nontraditional or qualified sense, or is not a concept album at all. Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima by Krzysztof Penderecki ( pictured) inspired the string arrangement on "Climbing Up the Walls". Album bylo napsáno a nahráno uprostřed období osobních otřesů kapely, protože zpěvák Thom Yorke procházel rozvodem.

Radiohead to reissue OK Computer as deluxe box set with Radiohead to reissue OK Computer as deluxe box set with

The verses centre around acoustic guitar and piano, [76] with a chord progression indebted to the Beatles' " Sexy Sadie".Radiohead Třetí album OK Computer vyšlo v roce 1997 a je často považováno za jedno z nejlepších alb všech dob. No Surprises", recorded in a single take, [89] is arranged with electric guitar (inspired by the Beach Boys' " Wouldn't It Be Nice"), [90] acoustic guitar, glockenspiel and vocal harmonies. Daniel Kreps of Rolling Stone defended the release, saying: "While it's easy to accuse Capitol of milking the cash cow once again, these sets are pretty comprehensive.

OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 - Pitchfork Radiohead: OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 - Pitchfork

OK Computer was thick with memorable tunes, and a few songs as straightforwardly beautiful as Lift slipped through the net, not least Let Down. The band considered using "Fitter Happier" as the album's opening track, but decided the effect was off-putting. OK Computer is the album that establishes Radiohead as one of the most inventive and rewarding bands of the '90s. It was nominated for Album of the Year and won Best Alternative Music Album at the 1998 Grammy Awards. Godrich preferred a quick and "hands-off" approach to mixing, and said: "I feel like I get too into it.Taylor’s Version) [From The Vault] Now That We Don’t Talk (Taylor’s Version) [From The Vault] My Love Mine All Mine “Slut! The use of electric keyboards in "Subterranean Homesick Alien" is an example of the band's attempts to emulate the atmosphere of Bitches Brew. Capitol president Gary Gersh said, "Our job is just to take them as a left-of-centre band and bring the centre to them. AllMusic, [232] Uncut, [238] Q, [237] Rolling Stone, [236] Paste [234] and PopMatters [243] praised the supplemental material, but with reservations.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment