276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Razer Raiju Ultimate (2019) - Wireless and Wired Gaming Controller for PS4 & PC (Mecha Tactile Action Buttons, Interchangeable Parts, Quick Control Panel, RGB Chroma) Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take longer to reach you. The paddles’ large size is a minor annoyance as it’s all too easy to press them accidentally during heated online sessions. But for the most part, the extra inputs are useful, especially in genres like ARPGs, MOBAs and shooters. The inclusion of switches to lower the regular triggers actuation point is particularly great for the latter. The system is about as intuitive as you’ll find. My only minor quibble is that you can only remap the M-buttons, not the regular controls. Though this is fairly common on most esports controllers. The only other controller I’ve seen do this well is Valve’s Steam controller, which comes with its own set of issues. Connectivity and performance – Wired performance is excellent, but latency creeps in on Bluetooth If you’ve ever spent any time with a mechanical keyboard, this is probably the closest comparison we can draw.

Unfortunately, you can’t remap inputs like the face buttons or shoulder triggers, only the Multi-Functions, at least at this moment. Additionally, you can see which firmware version your Raiju is running on the app, but you can’t update it (that requires PC access), which feels like a silly oversight. Emulators in particular work really well with the Raiju, and the best ones will let you completely customize your controller input layout just how you want it. Mounting your phone to the controller and playing some of the classic games I enjoyed from my childhood is downright amazing. I wish companies like Sony that dabble in both the smartphone and console gaming industries would connect those dots and start porting over classic titles Android in the same vein as Sega. There's a market there, for sure, especially with accessories like the Raiju Mobile now available. It has a wonderful weight and build-quality you can really feel. However, underneath the premium exterior is a whole host of programmable options thanks to the corresponding Razer app. Just sync the app to the controller via Bluetooth and away you go, allowing you to tweak the function of each button however you see fit and even set the level of rumble on either side of the gamepad. In terms of sheer versatility, the Razer Raiju Tournament Edition certainly earns its keep. While it does have a large entry price, if you ever have the chance to grab a discount on this premium Razer controller for PS4, you'd be mad not to jump on that opportunity. Whilst we will do everything we can to meet the delivery times above, there may be factors outside of our control and we cannot guarantee delivery within this time frame.

Now, we know, this isn't technically a controller for video games. You'd certainly have a hard time playing Call of Duty on it, that's for sure. But the Razer Stream Controller X does have the words "Razer", and "Controller" in the name, so we think it qualifies.

If the controller is forced to enter bootloader mode by pressing the buttons, it will not be able to upgrade the firmware The only feature I think is missing here is the ability to custom map buttons to areas on the screen for specific games. Then again, at that point, you might as well just save some money and buy the feature-lite Raiju TE, or perhaps the more wirelessly competent SCUF Vantage.For a controller being marketed at esports professionals and hardcore gamers, that’s a huge issue. Thankfully, the two markets generally will always favour a safer wired connection for this reason, so it’s not a complete deal-breaker. It will be a huge annoyance for casual buyers, especially considering the controller’s hefty cost, however. The triggers on the underside of the controller are easy to accidentally press, even when you remove the triggers. Because it’s primarily geared toward shooters and fighting games, the Razer Raiju Tournament Edition is optimised with Mecha-Tactile face buttons for an action that's more mouse-like than anything else. What's more, it adds in four extra buttons that happen to programmable. Humble though they may seem, these buttons are the controller’s secret weapon. Capable of becoming any input you choose, they’re strategically placed so you don’t have to waste precious moments reaching for anything.

There are some issues using the Raiju wirelessly, however. The Raiju Ultimate features Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connectivity. This should be okay, albeit not as good as proprietary or 2.4GHz connection like the ones seen on the Xbox Elite and Astro C4. But with prolonged gaming sessions, I regularly saw latency creep in. Call me a fool, but I went into testing out the Raiju Mobile with the lofty expectations of a similar feature set for the whole controller — primarily the ability to map each button to a different area covering a virtual button in a game. I thought this would be the point of creating controller profiles, so that I could have a custom layout when I want to play PUBG Mobile and a different one set up for Guns of Boom. Sadly, you cannot do this and that leaves me feeling a bit underwhelmed having seen a similar feature built into the ASUS gaming phone. Not a dealbreaker by any stretch, but something that would be great to see included with an app update in the future if it's feasible, or something for Razer to consider for future mobile controllers. The Razer Raiju features trigger stop switches, made to reduce the travel distance of each trigger from 18 degrees to a mere 5 degrees — an incredible decrease of over 70%. Together with hair trigger mode which increases the sensitivity of the trigger, you can effortlessly execute your actions in rapid succession.The companion app for the Raiju Mobile is great, but I certainly expected there to be a way to configure the controller to work with more games in the same way we saw ASUS incorporate AirTrigger controls on the ROG Phone. In that instance, ASUS lets you map the AirTrigger input to a specific area on the screen, letting you tap the right edge of the phone to shoot and the left to jump or however you want to configure things. EU Declaration of Conformity for Abyssus Lite & Goliathus Mobile Construct Ed. Bundle (RZ83-0273).pdf If it were possible to ignore the pesky wireless Bluetooth (and occasional wired) lag, the Raiju Ultimate could have become one of the best PS4 and PC controllers on the market. Hopefully Razer can iron out its firmware issues and realize the Ultimate’s full potential, but until that point, you might want to look elsewhere for your pro-quality PS4 controller needs. The only downside is that, like the Ultimate Edition, its reliance on Bluetooth, not a custom or 2.4GHz wireless connection, means that latency can rear its ugly head, diminishing its appeal for more serious online competitive gamers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment