276°
Posted 20 hours ago

David Walliams Children Picture Book Collection 4 Books Illustrated by Tony Ross

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Walliams great theatrical and comical mind goes into overdrive with this collection of ten short stories, many being outlandishly devilish and enjoyable to no end, but I couldn’t help but see many of the stories ending in the same way – with the teacher disappearing out of the school in a variety of ways, maybe this is because all children want rid of their teacher, but for me I found it quite predictable and after a couple it becomes a little (dare I say it) boring. My daughter who is nine also commented on this fact, but still bent over double whilst we read them, and I guess she is more his demographic, rather than a thirty-seven year old who doesn’t want to grow up! Among WorldCat participating libraries, the eight most widely held works by Ross are Amber Brown books written by Danziger. The most widely held book written and illustrated by Ross is I Want Two Birthdays (2008), which is represented in ten languages. [3] Awards [ edit ] It isn’t hard to see why David Walliams’ books so popular, and I can easily see this one becoming a fast favourite of many young readers. It makes me feel a little bit scared because a boy called Alfie gets all of his teeth pulled out by a dentist called miss root who is the demon dentist. David Walliams is at it again and after three volumes of The World’s Worst Children he turns his pen and mind to The World’s Worst Teachers. I have to say that I did very much enjoy these stories, with many reminding me of some of my worst teachers – this volume is told with Walliams usual wit and jovial brilliance, with oodles of bum and poo jokes it’s as if you’re on a school trip to the local sewage works.

Learn to draw like Tony Ross! | LoveReading4Kids Kids Zone Learn to draw like Tony Ross! | LoveReading4Kids Kids Zone

Millions of young readers have loved the World’s Worst Children tales – now they will revel in this delightfully dreadful collection of the most gruesome grown-ups ever: The World’s Worst Teachers. From the phenomenally bestselling David Walliams and illustrated in glorious colour by the artistic genius, Tony Ross. Die humor is vlymskerp en word aangevul deur voetnotas; die gebruik van wisselende lettertipes en -groottes en prettige volkleurillustrasies. Klanke maak deel uit van die teks en sal ongetwyfeld bydra tot die vreugde van voorlees vir kleintjies (Dwa! Zzz! Swoesj! Kadwaa! Boing!). Verskeie woordspelings het my laat glimlag (Kinders as kunstenaars = KAK) en ‘n situasie in ‘n oorvol detensieklas (‘Hou op in my neus krap! Ek’s vreeslik jammer; ek dog dis myne!’) het my kliphard laat skater. It’s sad but I don’t really find these books that funny but my grandsons love them and they are the target audience..... 6 to 12 but hey could be to 99. The language is often old fashioned and there are lots of made up words that make the kids giggle. The story’s are reminiscent of Dahl, as David Williams is always being compared, but to me had shades of Seuss and the Story Treehouse series. As long as the kids love them I will keep on buying them for them.David Walliams' books have non-consecutively spent 76 weeks at number one in the overall book charts I think this book would be suitable for children aged 4-7 years old, with children slightly older being able to read it independently. It would make a great story-time read in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 as it is light-hearted and funny. The humour is obvious and therefore easily accessible for young children to grasp. With the book being really well illustrated it can be accessed by young children who may not necessarily be able to read yet (and children with English as an additional language), allowing them to follow the story line amongst other children. The language used in the book has also been kept simple; children will be able to independently read the majority of the book using their phonetic knowledge. There is a lot of descriptive text in the story which would be great to introduce in a Literacy lesson where children are beginning to use adjectives in their writing. This book would also make a good topic for discussion about feelings and emotion; for example, ‘how do you think Sam felt when…?’ Walliams fans, you are in for a wonderful Walliams winter indeed! Today, David announced not one but TWO new children’s books… THE ICE MONSTER (ILLUSTRATED NOVEL) I really enjoyed this funny and scary book. I think children will love this book! My favourite character was Winnie because she was a fun and very colourful character. I wonder. Will Alife ever go to his eveil dentist Irreverant and charming, this is a hilarious and surprisingly touching story about secrets, love and life.

Gangsta Granny Strikes Again!: The amazing sequel to GANGSTA

This delightfully dark offering from comedian-turned-bestselling author David Walliams is certain to entertain young readers. Tony Ross's illustrations work brilliantly with Walliams's text; there's plenty of fast-paced action; and the jokes are gleefully ghoulish (and often gross). The characters are well-drawn, in particular hero Alife, who is also a carer for his disabled dad, and the terrible villain really is truly demonic. Daar is Mnr Kwadraat; die Wiskunde-onderwyser wat balle (eintlik enigiets wat rond is) met ‘n passie haat; Mnr en Mev Liefie-Diefie, ‘n smoorverliefde paar onnies; Juf Draka, die bibliotekaresse wat op ‘n gevaarlike poegie rondjaag; Juf Ydel, ‘n verwaande Kuns-onderwyseres; Juf Siedend, die onderhoof wat woedend is omdat die 99-jarige hoof, Juf Kanniedood, nie wil aftree of doodgaan nie; Juf Palawer, die Drama-onderwyseres wat selfs ‘n verlore biblioteekboek dramaties aanspreek: ‘O boeklike boek ! Span jou vleuels soos ‘n duif en haas jou terug; ons kwyn sonder jou !’; die vuil Wetenskaponderwyser, Mnr Drek; die grootpratende sportonderwyser, Mnr Bielie, wat beweer hy kan ‘n kolhou op ‘n gholfbaan in Skotland slaan, selfs al slaan hy in Ierland af; Mev Spatt, die grillerige kostannie met die metaalhand, glasoog en houtbeen wat skottelgoed met haar pruik was en Mnr Fobie, die skoolhoof wat bang is vir kinders. Additionally, while the humor had its moments, there were times when it felt forced and repetitive, which dampened my overall enjoyment of the book. I also felt that the resolution of the story was somewhat rushed and could have been more developed to provide a more satisfying conclusion. David Walliams has delighted us all with tales of children that are so horrendous, parents everywhere are thankful that their not there offspring. Now Walliams takes on the worst adults on Earth apparently - teachers. Each chapter in the book retells the terrible frightening antics of one teacher, each more horrifying than the last, but also horrendously funny. Leading the charge this winter is a mammoth of an adventure called The Ice Monster. It’s a must read for people who love Walliams other children’s books like The Midnight Gang and Gangsta Granny… So it’s a must read for everyone!

Comments (0)

Well it’s another World’s Worst books by David Walliams and this time he’s turned the microscope on you Teachers – you all thought you had it safe didn’t you, got away with ruining children’s lives, forever tormenting them, giving them homework, having coffee breath and making them do exercise in the rain or in their pants. Well Walliams explores the worst of the worst with The World’s Worst Teachers – and in doing so makes many parents take a trip down memory lane, as when they read, they can’t help but mention the teachers they had – causing interesting after reading discussions. Ross, Anthony Lee, (Tony), (born 10 Aug. 1938), author and illustrator". WHO'S WHO & WHO WAS WHO. 2007. doi: 10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.U33199. ISBN 978-0-19-954088-4 . Retrieved 23 June 2021. i think demon dentist is a brilliant book with all its twists and turns, I love reading it over and over again and it never gets old. I am huge fan of David Walliams’ books, I was so exited to get my hand on this book. I had high hopes for this book and as expected; it didn’t disappoint.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment