276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Highwayman (Oxford Children's Classics)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Until he was taken away from her, and now she is a widow and for years she hasn't even thought about another man, until she meets the dark and dangerous Dorian. The road was a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor//And the highwayman came riding-riding-riding- up to the old inn door. I loved how he protected her even when he was a kid himself and how he does not regret any of it because the thought of Farah going through pain is something he could not live with. I love that she stands up to him when no one else does; even though she fears him she doesn't back down when she truly believes in what is right. due to the horrors he faced in prison as a boy he can’t stand to touch anyone and he definitely can’t imagine letting Farah touch him no matter how much he might want her.

Harold Newton was an unrecognized vagabond artist who not only captured the beauty of the Florida landscape but transformed it with an artistry that invoked its drama of light, color, and form while hinting at its dark, primordial forces. On a fateful night, Dougan violently protects Farah and they are separated, cast out into their fates. Unfortunately, it was a wee bit inappropriate considering the darkness of those initial minutes, I just couldn't help myself. You’d be a fool to give it to me,” he mocked, twisting his features into something foreign and frightening. admittedly, i don't have the most experience with historical romance but i think this one was objectively fantastic and like.

This was one of the most emotionally gratifying books I’ve read all year and one of the most moving love stories I’ve ever come across, and I already cannot wait to catch added glimpses of these characters in other books in this series.

If the Highwaymen faced discrimination at every door they knocked on, then the challenges--and dangers--were magnified for Carroll. He does what needs to be done to survive and the horrors of his past made him into what he is today. Even though this is a Historical Romance it is more about healing a man that is so broken he can’t even touch anyone. They had the prerequisite misunderstanding/fight and did the breakup montage, then the author pretty much got the show on the road to their HEA.I loved that he didn't instantly turn from a harden criminal that can't stand to be touched into a sweet lover. The colours evoked in the poem are generally black and grey with splashes of various shades of red, such as the "purple" moor, a coat of the "claret velvet", a "dark red" love knot, etc. For a brief moment in time, Farah Leigh and Dougan were each other’s whole world, both orphaned at a young age and left to grow up in a place where nothing could be taken for granted but their young love for one another. Plus, Elizabeth Hoyt's DUKE OF SIN is one of the recommended books for HIGHWAY, which I absolutely loved. No Flaws or Blemishes but minimal shelf handling and previous name and address sticker on the front pastdown; Still Gift Quality.

Many years later they are reunited and the journey to their HEA was heart breaking, turbulent, and romantic, I fell in love at the first chapter and couldn't put it down!To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Then cover this with a layer of black crayon and draw your ghostly picture by scratching through the black layer with a stick or the end of a paint brush.

I will definitely be going on with the rest of the series, and there's a pretty good chance I won't take a break until I finished. But what the Blackheart of Ben More never could have imagined is that Farah has terms of her own, igniting a tempestuous desire that consumes them both.

Her light was a solace to his darkness,together they were a perfect blend of sensuality,tenderness and intensity that made them soulmates. This is a woman that gives as hard as she gets and she's not about to back down to a man that's kidnapped her and essentially propositioned her into a marriage of. There are a couple hotter, rougher moments in this but ultimately, the story is dominated by the searing emotion between our couple. The next night Their world was tore apart when a priest tried to molest Farah and Dougan killed him and was sent to prison.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment