276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Avalon Hill HeroQuest Rise of the Dread Moon Quest Pack, Requires HeroQuest Game System to Play, Roleplaying Games, Medium For 14+ Years

£22.495£44.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rather than chasing the wraith let the wraith come to you forcing the wraith to move & take an action rather than the other way round. Here, our group has interrupted some kind of Dread ritual, we have some Dread Cultists at a sorcerer table conjuring a Dread Wraith, I’m assuming that’s how the Wraiths will get into this plane of existence.

Or you can continue the quest keeping as much distance as possible again forcing the wraith to move & take an action rather than the other way round. As with every quest book, we start off with a message from Mentor. We are told that not everything is as it seems in the Elven kingdom of Elethorn. From the outside, all would seem well. The Princess has been saved, there are festivities going on in celebration of this. It would seem that the conflict has ended.

HeroQuest was a smash hit for tabletop gaming, as well as becoming a gateway to tabletop roleplaying games like Dungeons & Dragons for millions of players. The game also influenced later tabletop board games that came after, including Games Workshop’s own Warhammer Quest, board games based on D&D, and recent games such as Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Update 5/19/23: The first official pictures of miniatures for this expansion have finally been revealed here.! Avalon Hill and parent company Hasbro establishes HeroQuest Day, celebrating the iconic fantasy board game’s rich history, as well as looking towards the future with the release of the Rise of the Dread Moon expansion set. With the princess saved, Queen Terrellia may not take kindly to more meddling in Elven affairs. It would seem that the Heroes are unwelcome in Elethorn and must now infiltrate the kingdom to investigate the spread of Dread. Alright, I’m sorry you had to sit through all that, now for the part I’m most excited about. How do the Heroes stand up to the new enemies! As I don’t have my copy of the game yet, I’ll be using some stand-ins for the monsters.

A trip down memory lane, remembering the Frozen Horror reveal during the previous years Hasbro PulseCon livestream. Looking a little closer, that’s not the Frozen Horror! This is a screenshot of the previous PulseCon, but it’s been tampered with.

I am now thoroughly convinced that, as HeroQuest Superfans, the Avalon Hill HeroQuest team are now just making their own homebrews official! Why wouldn’t they!? If I was a designer, working on HeroQuest, I would probably do that too! This note wasn’t in the original publishing of this article. It’s been bothering me, and I felt like I needed to add it, so here it is: The Barbarian immediately engages the Magus Guard and manages to get 2 hits on them. The Guardian Knight also engages the Magus Guard, but misses. The Elf decides to stay where she is to protect the Wizard, she casts Sleep on the Assassin closest to her. The Wizard, following the Elf’s instructions to stay put, doesn’t move. One thing I find particularly interesting about the Mercenaries is the fact that the Cadre of the Raven’s Veil isn’t mentioned in the rules portion of the Quest Book, nor is it a part of the story at the beginning, during Mentor’s message. Hopefully the Cadre becomes a bigger part of the story during the quests. Alchemy & Potions

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment