276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hitachi NR1890DBCL/JP Cordless First Fix Framing Nailer, 18 V, Multi-Colour, 2 x 18V 5.0Ah Li-ion Batteries

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ni-Cad batteries cannot be fully discharged (voltage below 1 V per cell). This damages the battery. The next day’s agenda included mounting some acrylic mirrors to the bottom of a Murphy bed I had built. This presented an excellent opportunity to break out my new Hitachi Cordless Brad Nailer. I not only needed to frame out the mirrors, but I also needed to hold the mirrors in place while the mastic dried. I used 1-5/8″ brads to attach the 1/2″ poplar trim boards to the bed. The Hitachi worked without a hitch. Straight nailers are the more popular option. These nail guns will help you attach nails to most surfaces. They’re typically used on interior jobs for skirting boards and such. The nail magazine sits at a 90-degree angle, making it a “straight” nailer.

When not in use, NiCd batteries lose 1% of their charge per day. After three and a half months, the battery is completely discharged, damaging the battery. The Hitachi NR1890DR comes with the nailer, a battery, a charger, and a nylon bag. I know companies are going to bags, but I have to admit that I wish they would still come in boxes instead of bags. We used this nailer extensively for our roofing and soffit project. We were replacing a flat roof on the house and beefed up the joist. We ripped out the old 2x4s and went with 2x6s. Powered by Hitachi's BSL1830C compact 3.0Ah battery, these cordless framing nailers can drive up to 400 nails per charge. Each NR1890 nailer comes with a lifetime manufacturer's warranty on the tool itself, as well as Hitachi's 2-year battery guarantee, and 1-year warranty on the charger. In addition to the tool, you'll find a BSL1830C Li-Ion battery (339782), UC18YFSL fast charger, contractor bag and safety glasses in the box.However, when it comes to paper tape nailers, the Hitachi NR1890DC can definitely hold its own against the Paslode CF325XP (905600), and the Dewalt DCN692M1. Hitachi's instant advantage over Paslode, the NR1890DC requires no compressed gas fuel for operation - meaning the end user can operate independently of costly fuel cells; and without the need for compressed gas, there's no delay in firing due to ramp up. A huge benefit for productivity and efficiency. If you own the Hitachi battery platform, this is a no-brainer. If you don’t have the Hitachi line of tools, but are looking to go cordless with a framing nailer, this is one you should consider looking into. To avoid the "memory effect" you should perform a "full recharge cycle", Run the device under the battery's power until it shuts down or until you get a low battery warning. Then recharge the battery as instructed in the user's manual. UK Top Tool Battery Store> Power Tool Batteries> HITACHI Cordless Tool Battery> HITACHI NR90 Nail Gun Battery While unboxing it, my initial thought was that the nailer feels a little heavy, but also that the tool’s balance and ergonomics negate that weight. The Hitachi Cordless Brad Nailer feels good in my hand and they clearly put some thought into the design and production of the tool.

It all depends on what you need a nail gun to do and what you’ll be using it for. Some of the best-selling cordless nail guns we have available include: Typically, angled nail guns/nailers are better if you’re working in different scenarios but are slightly more expensive (with angled magazines also costing more). If you’re working on the likes of trim and other interior fittings, opt for products listed as finish nailers. These use smaller gauge nails that can be fixed without you risking any splits The biggest disadvantage to the Hitachi is its weight, which weighing in at 10 pounds with battery, is a pound heavier than the Dewalt DCN692, and three pounds heavier than the Paslode CF325XP. While a slightly heavier tool may pose issue to some, we're confident improved productivity and efficiency will more than make up for weight related concerns in the big scheme of things. Angled nailers have their magazines sit at a sight angle leaning inwards to the trigger. This is so someone can get nails fixed into woodwork and such on corners or very tight angles. This is the latest version (J8) of the popular NR90GC2 gun - now with Lithium-Ion batteries instead of NiCd.If you haven’t used a cordless nailer before, nearly all of them have some level of firing delay. That’s not the case with Hitachi. One of their greatest selling points is that it fires immediately thanks to their air spring drive system.I was impressed, and couldn’t wait to get to work the next day. Field Testing the Hitachi Cordless Brad Nailer Hitachi saw a way to improve on the current products on the market and make a faster and cheaper way to operate a framing nailer. The Hitachi nailer is a little different in that it doesn’t use a flywheel to drive the nail which means there isn’t a ramp up time before you fire the nail.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment