276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Engagement: An absolutely unputdownable psychological thriller with a heart-pounding twist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Welcome to my top author Club Samantha and your book is one of the best psychological thrillers I have EVER READ!! Bring on the next one!!! I cannot wait!!! Here's to the next success 🥂 Everything’s picture perfect between Libby and her husband Sean until Libby finds a note on her windshield “Sean is having an affair..” Her husband denies it, but the seed has already been planted. Some negatives..the story is very fragmented. It is at times jarring and very difficult to follow. But it all leads to the big reveal. I must confess I was thinking how on earth some of the things that happen COULD have happened. Do not worry. You will find out.

Date Night by Samantha Hayes is a fast paced novel with great characters and is an excellent psychological thriller with lots of secrets and twists and turns to discover that keeps misleading the reader. I thought I had guessed the ending but I couldn’t be more wrong and never saw it coming . Highly recommend! This psychological drama is told in Libby's voice. It starts with being arrested, and then returning to events leading up to date night. But is what she remembers what really happened? Turning to current events again, the ending is explosive ... and unpredictable. I never saw this coming!

Pages

Samantha is a very talented storyteller and while this is my first from her, I am very keen to read more especially at this level of entertainment. I would like to thank #SamanthaHayes, #NetGalley and #Bookouture for an ARC of #TheEngagement in exchange for an honest review.

Days later, Libby is arrested for Sasha's murder, although no body has been found. She tells them she didn't hurt Sasha .. but no one is listening to her. What did happen that night? This is the second book I have read by this author. I have also read 'The Trapped Wife' which I would highly recommend!!

Other books by Samantha Hayes

Hannah hasn't always had the life she now has with partner Rob and the lights of her life, her two daughters Belle and Amber. She has never revealed her past or its secrets to anyone and would be quite happy if she never had to think of those dark days ever again. However, she carries the reminders with her daily from which she can never really escape whilst at the same time, they also went some way to give her life she has today. I requested a digital advanced readers copy from NetGalley and Bookouture and providing my opinion voluntarily and unbiased.

Just imagine for a minute that you find a note on your car windshield telling you that your husband is having an affair. How would you react? Then imagine that when you ask him about it, he is offended and brushes you off. Then, every time you try to bring up the subject again or anytime you ask who he is texting or calling, you are met with his impatience and frustration. Suddenly you are the "bad guy" because you have doubts... Libby and Sean go out on a 'date night' to re-ignite their marriage after someone leaves a note on Libby's car saying 'Sean is having an affair'. No proof, no idea who left said note but Libby is instantly suspicious. Strike one. Then she faffs around being all cagey and trying (not very hard, mind) to find evidence but doesn't confront him straight away. Strike two. Sean is unsurprisingly confused. They leave their four-year old daughter Alice at home with baby-sitter 17 year-old Sasha - a student who also helps out with Libby's catering business. The dinner is a disaster, they fight and leave early. When they get home things are totally up shit creek and I can't say anymore. However, none of this played out the way normal people would play it. Strike three. But my biggest gripe was it was turgid, boring for the most part. Libby and Sean are madly in love, they have their daughter, their businesses,,their little dream cottage, all is wellThis book, for me, is all about the ending, which I hadn’t guessed at all ( I had thought of lots of scenarios leading up to the reveal, turns out all were wrong 😎😃😃 ) Days later,Libby is arrested for Sasha's murder. She insists that she is innocent but does she know more than she is letting on? There’s someone I want you to meet,’ Belle says, as a man draws up to her side. He’s tall with dark hair and stubble on his square jaw. He’s not exactly smiling, but the corner of his mouth curls upwards as he slides his hand around my daughter’s waist. Libby and Sean are out for date night, trying to rekindle their relationship that has gone off the rails since a note exposing Sean's affair was left on Libby's car. The return home from a less than magical evening to discover their beloved babysitter, Sasha, has disappeared into thin air. When Libby is arrested for Sasha's murder, she claims she's innocent. But how innocent is she for real??

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment