276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Game of Lies: This reality TV show has a dark side... The twisty Sunday Times top 10 bestselling thriller (DC Morgan)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Deze keer draait het om een realityshow. Zeven deelnemers doen mee en ieder heeft een geheim dat ze absoluut verborgen willen houden. Maar het blijkt dat de realityshow draait om de geheimen bekend te maken en dan verdwijnt er opeens een deelnemer spoorloos... I love Ffion and her refusal to play by the rules, especially with the addition of an unruly rescue dog called Dave. Her will-they-won't-they-well-they-already-did-but-will-they-again relationship with English DS Leo Brady is also very believable and it's interesting to see how it plays out in the context of the investigation. Can't wait for book three!

Rechercheur Ffion Morgan moet wat ze van de show gezien heeft vergeten en uitzoeken wie deze mensen werkelijk zijn, wetende dat ze geen van hen kan vertrouwen. There's some great world building/family secrets/personal details in TLP, and AGOL expands on those a bit. In October 2016, the French translation of I Let You Go ( Te Laisser Partir) won "best international novel" at the Cognac Festival Prix du Polar awards. [4] In March 2017 publisher Little, Brown announced that I Let You Go has sold over one million copies worldwide.

Twisty and clever. Another deeply enjoyable mystery from a talented storyteller." - Karin Slaughter Stranded in the Welsh mountains, seven reality show contestants have no idea what they've signed up for. There's also a lot less of Cwm Coed's residents in this one. Several of them make an appearance, and Caleb (Seren's boyfriend) and Ceri (the postwoman) play important roles, but overall the story is much more focused on the reality show contestants and crew and their filming location outside of town. And don't expect the contestants to be particularly likeable, because (much like the residents of The Shore from the last novel) they absolutely are not. At least this is another one where you don't feel too bad for the murder victim. As for the setting, that is fantastic. You really do feel the Welshness via the language, the local characters and their roots and the area is beautifully described so it exudes atmosphere. It makes me want to jump into the car and get myself to Wales! Yet another Claire classic. This one with a great reality Tv theme (given all the respect it deserves), and with a plot that I suspect owes more than a nod to the influence of Columbo and Banacek.

Leo doesn’t need the scouse accent. Great if you can do it, but you can’t, so please don’t try. Leave it as standard English or ask another actor to do those lines if the author wants a scouse accent. A Game of Lies is a suspenseful and entertaining second installment of the DC Morgan series. I can't say that I enjoyed it quite as much as the first book, The Last Party, but it was still a solid read that kept me guessing right up until the very end. Detective Ffion Morgan is a strong, intelligent, and relatable protagonist. She is determined to get to the bottom of the case and doesn't let her personal biases cloud her judgment. Her character is well-written, and her investigation is believable and realistic. I’ll be in conversation with bestselling author CJ Tudor at Goldsboro Books, Brighton. Details are here. CHILTERN KILLS, GERRARD’S CROSS, UK: 7-8 OCTOBER 2023 In de bergen van Wales gaat de nieuwe realityshow Exposure van start en de eerste aflevering start direct met een schokkende mededeling. De zeven deelnemers denken dat ze meedoen aan een survivalprogramma, maar de show draait daadwerkelijk om het ontmaskeren van hun diepste geheimen, geheimen die ze voor iedereen in hun leven verborgen hebben gehouden. Wie is bestand tegen deze immense druk? Welke deelnemers zullen de anderen proberen te ontmaskeren terwijl ze geconfronteerd worden met hun grootste angsten? Wie blijft als winnaar over en wint een enorm geldbedrag?Stranded in the Welsh mountains, seven reality show contestants have no idea what they’ve signed up for. Membery, York (5 May 2019). "Fame and Fortune: I quit the police and found that crime pays". The Times.

The pacing of the book is excellent. The writing is clear and concise, and the dialogue is realistic and engaging. The author's descriptions of the Welsh mountains are vivid and add to the atmosphere of the story. The disappearance of a contestant wasn’t supposed to be part of the drama. Detective Ffion Morgan has to put aside what she’s watched on screen, and find out who these people really are – knowing she can’t trust any of them. The mystery itself is suspenseful and twisty, and I think I suspected almost every character of murder at one point or another … well, except for the actual murderer, that is. I also did not see the twist regarding the murderer coming at all. Al snel na deze bekendmaking verdwijnt één van de deelnemers spoorloos van het terrein en wordt rechercheur Ffion Morgan belast met het onderzoek. Ze moet weer samenwerken met brigadier Leo Brady, met wie ze een geschiedenis heeft, en de duistere kanten van het programma komen naar boven terwijl ze informatie verzamelen en onderzoeken wat er gebeurd kan zijn. Wanneer er vervolgens een moord wordt gepleegd, zijn er veel verdachten en net zoveel alibi’s… maar wie vertelt de waarheid? Is er een geheim dat ten koste van alles moet worden bewaard?

Featured Reviews

Finally, I do hope number three is underway as I can’t wait for my next dose of Ffion, Leo and Dave who hopefully will be less er, Dave! In the second of the series we watch as Ffion and her team have to deal with a TV company filming a new reality TV show on their doorstep. Exposure has been lauded as a groundbreaking show, and yet its not quite what the contestants expected - they all have a secret, and to win they have to keep their secret safe. With so much money on the line it doesn’t take long to realise that people have a vested interest in some secrets staying hidden. One of the mysteries involving a contestant named Ryan highlights the fragility of mental health and how reality tv can make it that much worse. Also it brings into light, the delicate balance and need for entertainment for viewers while protecting contestants from mental breakdowns. Let's not forget how, from the moment I read the first DC Morgan book, I fell in love with Cwm Coed, a small fishing town nestled between Wales and England. I adore the vivid, realistic characters, the peculiar, eccentric, complex family dynamics of Ffion (I adored her Mam Ellen Morgan and wished we could see more of her in this book), her unresolved feelings with her ex, and her fiery new love relationship with DS Leo Brady, which might be sabotaged by her own insecurities.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment