276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Continental Grand Prix 5000 Performance Road Bike Tire

£21.04£42.08Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lazer Grip: To make you one with the road, The lasered micro profile structure expands over the tire’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.

Total Tire Thickness: The puncture force tests are static and test the force required to puncture the casing and anti-puncture layers. Where I live we have very rough chip-seal roads and the ability to run at a lower pressure makes my ride much more comfortable. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Then spin the tire (wheel) to spread the Conti RevoSealant inside of the tire and pump to the allowed maximum pressure. Grand Prix 5000 AS TR is a new all-season GP5000, adding some extra protection, grip and longevity to the fast GP5000 road tyre lineup.Its not the fastest, lightest, grippiest or sturdiest, but it is the best all round tyre that does better than average in all categories. Now, after 14 years since the original GP 4000 was released, the legendary tyre has been given a complete overhaul and Continental claims it is better in every performance metric. Embedded in the tyre construction the Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride.

Excellent ride quality and grip, reasonably fast, and very puncture-resistant (both tread and sidewalls). The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.Compared to the previous best Activated Silica Compound, BlackChili tyres have 26% less rolling resistance, a 30 % higher friction value (grip) and a 5 % increase in mileage. The actual mileage a tire can do depends on many factors, and sometimes a softer and better gripping tire can last longer due to less (micro) slippage under high loads. I've tried schwalbe ones and vittoria corsas and they're all roughly about as good as eachother, though you won't get as much mileage out of a vittoria. When we send out a larger parcel such as a bike or trailer we use a tracked courier such as TNT's next-day service.

WTechnology:Vectran Breaker | LazerGrip | ACTCompound / Valve: BlackChili CompoundClincher tyreLazer grip technology: Lasered micro profile structure expands over the tyre�s shoulder and provides outstanding corneringActive Comfort Technology: The revolutionary approach in cycling.Improving on the GP4000S II, a tyre considered by many to be the best all-round road tyre ever made, might have seemed like an impossible task. Continental Grand Prix 5000 AS TR bottom line Aside from the 'A', you could easily think you're riding an S TR. Seemed to reduce road vibrations but that might just be because my last contis were nearly threadbare! After some 250 miles of less-than-smooth tarmac I'm puncture free and there are minimal signs of wear/cuts etc They're doing their job nicely. they look pretty much the same as any other tyre and are every bit as aerodynamic, so the superlatives have to end there.

For all the performance, they offer pretty decent puncture resistance, and about average durability. For hookless rims, there is additional info regarding maximum inflation pressures, which are lower than for hook type rims. The lazered micro profile structure expands over the tire's shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.

Total Puncture Score: This score consists of Puncture Force Sharp Needle, Puncture Force Blunt Needle, and Total Tire Thickness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment