276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Coleman Extra Value 6 x C500 Gas Cartridge (Pack of 6)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have 12 days to solve a problem. I use, and love, the Campingaz Bleuet stove and lamp. My son and I are flying from Pennsylvania to Utah & Yellowstone. USA air travel forbids us from transporting gaz canisters, and of course you can’t buy CV470 & 270 in the USA. Even the Post Office and FedEx Ground won’t ship them. From your previous questions, it doesn’t seem like there are adaptors, so I can use another fuel source that I could buy at my destination. Some people seem to think that certain brands give a more consistent flow and let you use the full canister better. But that’s not widely experienced, there’s no obvious consistency in which are the best/worst brands, and I don’t know of any reason that would be true (ultimately, they are just metal pots filled with gas). Plus, I’ve included details of some little known adaptors that will allow you to use any gas cylinder on your camping stove and three stoves that will take more than type of canister.

I'm now putting this one down to experience, but hopefully someone may come up with a supplier of a suitable adapter. A used gas cylinder is not like other types of waste that you may see on a camping trip and think to just casually dispose of into the bushes. Camping Gas Canisters are generally safe to use while you're out camping. A Gas Canister would only "explode" if left on a fire and then it ignited, but a gas canister will never just spontaneously explode or ignite unless there is a significant fault with the product. FYI, with more digging, I learned that small propane/butane canisters CAN be shipped, ground only, by the US Post. One post office here declined anyway, but I showed the policy to another, and they took it. Shipped to our first campground, and the ranger had the canisters waiting for us.

Save Money On Coleman C500 Gas With Outlaw Pro

That looks like it is threaded to me. You can see an Easy-Clic fitting here: https://goo.gl/images/WpTU85 hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reply – just in case anyone else finds this thread – I bought the following and it screws in both ends (one to the stove attachment and one to the new UK type canister) and it works a treat! https://amzn.to/2YcAhIy

The only other adaptor I’m aware of is for 16.4oz gas stoves, which allows you to use screw-on canisters: Greyhost gas adapter. I’m travelling in Africa next year with my lady, two up by motorbike. What’s the best kind of stove to use there (we’ll be riding down the west coast route north to south)? To get rid of every last drop from the cylinder, it is pierced with a sharp object so that the remaining gas vaporises through a small hole. Usually, canisters that are emptied in this kind of way are generally ready for the recycling bin. When gas canisters (which actually contain liquid, not gas) get cold, the liquid sinks to the bottom of the canister. You can test this by shaking the canister or warming it up (e.g. with your hands or down your top) before you use it. If it burns better after you’ve done those things, even if only briefly, then it’s probably the cold. Anyone know of a base fkr screw on burners that allows a screw on canister to be used remotely rather than have the burner screwed directly to the top of a canister?I can’t quite see if there is a thread on this. It looks like it is a clip on though like the Easy-Clic? Hi, Tim. I have been sold a bleuet 206 plus with cv 300 canisters. Surely I can’t use easy clip canisters instead of the 260 or 260 plus pierceable ones the manufacturers recommend? Thanks! Reply Most camping stoves are just compatible with screw-on canisters and some are just compatible with Easy-Clic canisters. However, there are a couple of special stoves that will allow you to use either type of canister: screw-on and Easy-Clic. Disposing of empty gas cylinders is a delicate procedure that should be followed to the letter. Failure to do so may easily harm the environment and even put your safety and that of others at risk. So, the next time you want to get rid of your used canister after an outdoor adventure, be sure to follow the above guide on how to dispose of camping gas cylinders.

How long do camping gas canisters last? Camping Gas Canisters burn on average 2g of Gas every minute, meaning that a regular camping gas canister such as the ones you get from Coleman around 220g will last you around 2 hours. For most people outside wild camping, this is more than enough to cover cooking your dinner and breakfast the next morning, alongside hot drinks.

References

However, most camping gas cylinder manufacturers have good reputations and decades of experience creating these products. If you want our personal recommendations we would gladly recommend Coleman:

However, if the regulator you’ve bought is compatible with the smaller screw-on canisters then I imagine it would work just fine. At least the small canisters are only a few pounds if you wanted to test one. Hi Giaovanni, we cycled across Cambodia a couple of years ago but I think we mostly just bought food, because it was so cheap, rather than using our camping stove.I’m glad you think so! I was quite annoyed at that, haha. Your article also helped me figure out where to get certain systems, so that was very helpful, thank you! This guide gives a simple explanation of the different types of camping gas available, which one you need for your camping stove and where you can find them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment