276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wizards of Once: Book 1

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Absolutely. I’ve always been fascinated in history. The short answer is I found history very, very inspiring and still do. Families can talk about the family relationships in The Wizards of Once. How do Xar and Wish feel about their dad and mom? Do your parents ever expect you to be or do something you're not able to? Kids & Children» Children, Teenagers & Young Adults (YA) Fiction» Action & Adventure Stories for Children & Teenagers From then on, every year we spent four weeks of the summer and two weeks of the spring on the island. The house was lit by candle-light, and there was no telephone or television, so I spent a lot of time drawing and writing stories." [7]

Children's Laureate, and former Marlborough student, entertains at LitFest". The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald . Retrieved 15 January 2023. Did you know you can flag iffy content? Adjust limits for Violence & Scariness in your kid's entertainment guide. Get started Close After school, Cressida obtained a BA in English Literature from Oxford University, a BA in Graphic Design from St Martin’s and an MA in Narrative Illustration from Brighton. A wildly entertaining and funny adventure. It is a visual treat to snuggle up with or read together with an adult. South Wales Evening Post (Swansea)But he's not afraid of the spell at all. In fact, he wants them to come... and that is not a good sign! Xar's little companion Squeezjoos is in terrible danger and badly needs saving. If your kids adored How to Train Your Dragon, they'll be thrilled by the new The Wizards of Once. Family Traveller

This year, our Halloween adventure trails have been inspired by Cressida Cowell, author of the best-selling Wizards of Once series. Xar is a Wizard boy who has no Magic, and will do anything to get it. Wish is a Warrior girl, but she owns a banned Magical Object, and she will do anything to conceal it. In this whirlwind adventure, Xar and Wish must forget their differences if they're going to make it to the dungeons at Warrior Fort. Where something that has been sleeping for hundreds of years is stirring... About This Edition ISBN: We do have Viking literature, which I love. I read a lot of the Viking sagas when I was at university. I love that history, about which we know some but there’s a lot that we don’t know… it’s very fragmentary. I love the dark, dark history where we know nothing except a few vanishing footprints.As a child, Cowell states she "grew up in London and on a small, uninhabited island off the west coast of Scotland," [5] and that it was during summers spent on the Inner Hebrides, [6] where she first began to develop her writing and drawing skills: The Hon. Cressida Cowell was born on 15 April 1966 in London. She is the daughter of Michael Hare, 2nd Viscount Blakenham. Her uncle, by marriage, is U.S. Supreme Court justice Stephen Breyer. Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. Every year, Cressida’s family spent four weeks of the summer, and two weeks of the spring, on the island. The family had to catch their own fish to eat. The house was lit by candle-light, and there was no telephone or television, so Cressida spent her time drawing and writing stories. Thank you, Miss McDonald! She was my history teacher in upper 4M and she set me a history essay task which was ‘imagine you see Vikings on the horizon’. I wrote a whole creative writing essay in my history lesson!

I always begin my stories with a map of my imaginary place. Lots of other authors have done the same – Robert Louis Stevenson drew a map of Treasure Island before starting to write. This is a really easy way of thinking about characters and setting. I do a lot of research into real things to make you think that the imaginary things are true. That goes for the drawings as well as the plots and the stories. I’ll discover that Vikings discovered America way before Christopher Columbus. And so I’ll think ‘oh, that’s very interesting. Maybe I can make Hiccup (from How to Train Your Dragon) go to America?’

This is the story of a young boy Wizard and a young girl Warrior who have been taught since birth to hate each other like poison; and the thrilling tale of what happens when their two worlds collide. sustain a sense of wonder and mayhem from start to finish. Cowell skillfully mixes adventure with silliness in a satisfying story for younger fantasy fans. Publishers Weekly This is the story of a young boy Wizard and a young girl Warrior who have been taught since birth to hate each other like poison; and the thrilling tale of what happens when their two worlds collide. Perfect for boys and girls who love fantasy adventure... Our heroes Wish and Xar, as well as Wish's bodyguard Bodkin, are in dreadful peril. They now have all the ingredients of the spell that is supposed to Get Rid of Witches and they are on their way to challenge the terrifying Kingwitch who is confined in a ball of iron.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment