276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hoegaarden Belgian Wheat Beer Bottle, 24 x 330 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Enjoyed in 70 countries. Misunderstood in ours. Crafty before craft was such a big deal. Started by a milkman and now owned by the biggest brewing company in the world. I really enjoy this style of beer, and there are a few out there that are similar to Hoegaarden. The first ones that spring to mind are other Belgian wheat beers such as: Svart/Hvit from @nogneo . Treacle, coffee, roasted malts and vanilla on the nose, restrained bitterness with more roasted grains, coffee and a slight caramel sweetness as we taste. Lovely hefty body. Could easily pass for a full-fat stout free-beer.co.uk/nogne-o-svar… #alcoholfree @FreeBeer_UK - Sep 5 Another excellent alternative would be Hitachino Nest White Ale. I talked about this beer in my article on Japanese beers, and it really is one of my favourites. A really clever craft beer, with a lot to offer. Hoegaarden is a beer that seems the representation of a style, the Belgian Witbier. It’s significance as a beer has somewhat waned as most do when they are so widely distributed. People claim that Hoegaarden is not as good as it once was but I do not agree, I still think it is a fantastic beer and still the best example to give to someone and say “this is what a witbier is”.

Loading... {{SelectedStore.TimeSlot.DayOfWeekString}}, {{SelectedStore.TimeSlotReservation.Day}} {{SelectedStore.TimeSlotReservation.DisplayMonth}} Cheers Mind pale ale from @fierceandnoble . Bready malts, peppery spice and grapefruit citrus on the nose. Bitterness when we taste, grapefruit citrus and earthy pine, this carries on through the drink. Some tropical and stone fruit manages to peek through free-beer.co.uk/fierce-noble… @FreeBeer_UK - Aug 11 This appearance is because the beer remains unfiltered even after it’s fermented twice. Related ArticlesIt comes with a refreshing flavor, a captivating aroma, and a cloudy appearance that accompanies its clean, crisp finish. The fruit beer contains 4.9% alcohol by volume and has an IBU of 13. Its fruity taste makes it the perfect beer to pair with a wide range of dishes, including sausage roll coleslaw, ginger tofu, guacamole, and salad with citrus dressing. Belgian White Beer has been brewed in the village of Hoegaarden since around 1445 by numerous breweries before almost disappearing in the 1950’s. Brewing Hoegaarden is no simple matter. Hoegaarden is fermented twice but isn't filtered, creating its cloudy appearance and smooth texture. The beer's taste is soft, light and slightly sweet and sour, accompanied by subtle citrus notes.

verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{ Water, Barley Malt, Wheat, Sugar, Flavours, Acidifier: Citric Acid, Coriander Seeds, Orange Peel, Hop, Apple Extract The recipe was passed down through generations, and in the 18th century, the village became one huge Hoegaarden brewery. In 1726 alone, Hoegaarden had 36 breweries and 110 malt houses. However, in 1957, the village’s last brewery closed down, leading to the villagers vying to preserve the original recipe. Hoegaarden Belgian Wheat Beer has a distinctive taste - with a fruity character, interlaced with subtle spice, it is aromatic with hints of clove, coriander and gently refreshing citrus notes. A sweet vanilla, lightly smoky flavour is the finishing touch. Lightly sweet and sour and perfectly balancedWheat beers are one of the easiest beers to pair with a wide variety of foods just keep in mind they are low intensity so can easily be over-powered by very flavourful dishes. Mild shellfish work really well as do dishes that run with a wit's hint of lemon and spices. Eazy Peazy from @amundsenbrewery . Aroma is full on tropical - juicy mango and pineapple, citrus orange, resinous pine. Tropical fruit sweetness when we taste, with more citrus coming through and bringing in the bitterness, along with some earthy notes free-beer.co.uk/amundsen-eaz… @FreeBeer_UK - Jul 20

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment