276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Command Narrow Picture Hanging Strips (17207) – 1 pack of 4 pairs package may vary

£1.75£3.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re using three pairs, place onehorizontally in the center of the top frame and two on the top of the sides.

So one idea would be to cast a weight out of screed, concrete or something similar and screw it to the bottom shelf from below. Other methods like glue actually leave more damage on the wall and is harder to clean up when you want to move out. So you could theoretically also work with weights here, but you must be aware that it is about many kilograms. I once weighted down an IKEA CD shelf (the high one) with leftover 1-cent and 2-cent pieces. It was about 8kg and it was still way too wobbly. In addition to picture hanging strips, they manufacture clips for outdoor lights, hooks for hanging things on glasswindows and doors, caddies for wall storage, and much more. However, when that moment finally comes when you have to take down a picture, buying wall putty, sanding, painting, and being left with a less than perfect wall is a much higher price than the cost of these strips.All said, especially if you have kids, I would highly recommend screwing in the IKEA wall anchor kits — from the BILLY bookcases to the wall with hardware suitable for your wall. Patch up the holes when you move. My advice — if you’re hanging something really expensive or invaluable, use a nail or double up on Command strips. Alternatives to Command Strips

Putting the strips in the wrong spots on the frame. Follow these placement instructions that I covered earlier. On the flip side, if you use Command strips, you won’t have to pay for wall putty and paint when you eventually have to patch up holes. How to Use Command Picture Hanging Strips The most common use for these picture hanging strips is, you guessed it, to hang heavy (or light) framed pictures to your walls and other surfaces without damaging them with nails and anchors. In all honesty, I’ve never followed this step and never had an issue. From my experience, as long as your wall is clean and you press the frame against the wall and hold firmly for 30 seconds, you should be all set. It could also be that the insulating material in the wall is potentially carcinogenic and you should not spread it in the apartment?Additionally, as you’ll see in the next section, Command strips could detach from the wall and ruin your frame, art, or photo. If you follow the instructions, the chances of this happening are slim, but it certainly does happen. This video does a great job summarizing the process of hanging pictures that I just described. Common Mistakes When Using Command Strips

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment