276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maps: Aleksandra Mizielinska - Daniel Mizielinski

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I bought it for one of my grand-families, and so loved the look and feel of it that my husband bought ME one for Christmas! As children, we both loved stumbling across a book too heavy to even lift, let alone open and read; a book full of facts and numbers; a book whose story you discovered through its ideas rather than its prose. All used books might have various degrees of writing, highliting and wear and tear and possibly be an ex-library with the usual stickers and stamps. What makes Maps so special, aside from its fantastic and unique illustrations and fun and quirky facts, is the sheer atmosphere it creates and the feeling of discovery you get from turning its pages. There is a dearth of information about some of these places (publishers tend to concentrate on what they see as the 'main' countries), particularly for young children.

The tagline on this gorgeous book promises you can 'Travel the globe without leaving your living room' and, for the armchair traveller this surely is the most fun way of doing so. Much more than an ordinary atlas, this book of maps is a visual feast for readers of all ages, with lavishly drawn illustrations from the incomparable Mizielinskis.A feast for the eyes, with lavish drawings from the Mizielinskis, go on a journey and discover cities, rivers, mountains as well as cultural places of interest, iconic animals and personalities. In 2010 they were nominated for the Bologna Ragazzi Award and have since been nominated for the IBBY Honour List (2010). Es un libro hermoso, las ilustraciones son de lo más lindas y tiene muchísima información divertida hasta para adultos. If you love BIG books and clear informative maps, then this is the book for you , and for your grandchildren! Sure enough, it's a huge book that has little to no chance of ever fitting on a bookshelf and it is full of facts beautifully presented.

The illustrations are fantastic and there is so much to see on each page, I especially like that every item is properly named whether it be a fish, fruit, tree or flower. The countries are illustrated with animals - both current and prehistoric - which makes retention of facts so much easier. While we have a lot of books in our house, we realised recently that we didn't have a lot of reference books. That is not a boast; you really get a strong sense of each country and feel like you've really been on a journey if you read it cover to cover.

Talk about all the fabulous things to do in each country and detailed history with great quality pictures, even ive learnt something new. My daughter is so happy with it, lots of friends and family have commented on how beautiful it is and the quality is amazing. I bought this book for my husband, he loves maps and has travelled extensively, I know that he will love it and he will also enjoy showing it to our grandchildren. This book is so informative, and generates so many conversations for learning about the world - Geography, Cultures, Language, Food, Animals, History, etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment