276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LAMY vista fountain pen 012 — popular youth fountain pen in a transparent version with ergonomic grip — nib size F

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Where fountain once referred to an unending flowing of ink that needed no interruption, it later referenced the steady flow of water-based liquid ink from the reservoir through the recognizable metal nib. Learn More: How a Fountain Pen Works Waterman added three grooved sections to the feed and a hole to the nib. Gravity pulls the ink out of the reservoir, and the three grooved sections draw and hold ink in these grooves. Lewis Waterman invented the modern fountain pen in 1884. He harnessed capillary action to smoothly pull ink from the reservoir, through the feed, out of the nib.

A continuously writing pen would also allow anyone to write without having to acquire skills cutting quills properly and extra equipment necessary to write (quill, ink, knife, etc...). The great Leonardo Da Vinci may have also invented a fountain pen. Da Vinci's journals show drawings of a reservoir pen that wrote using gravity and capillary action. We then graduated to fountain pens which were cheap school boy/ girl pens . It’s as well they were inexpensive as they were often lost or got a broken nib. By the end of secondary school use of fountain pens was not compulsory and they disappeared sadly . Why won't I ever make a water feature on top of a mountain where a lot of baby horses are buried? My mom taught me to never make fountains out of foal hills Iridium was rare, but taking a gold nib (which was also anti-corrosive, but too soft to handle the wear and tear of writing) and tipping the point in iridium (a hard metal) gave the perfect mix of a flexible nib that would adapt to movement (the gold) with a durable tip that would not require constant nib changing (the iridium). Hard RubberThough not as popular as the ballpoint or even the rollerball, fountain pen users have continued to create a demanding market for new fountain pens as well as antiques. A graduate of Regent University with a degree in English Literature and a special interest in Old Norse literature, dive deeper into Sam's world and discover why she's your trusted guide in the realm of gift pens. The people who invented the fountain pen, made little changes to the reservoir pen for the next 150 years for two major reasons. From people filling reed pens with ink to the first patents to the modern fountain pen. The history of the fountain pen is a tale of the collaboration to make a beautiful and effective writing instrument.

I’m pleased that there is an increasing interest in fountain pens among young people. Much an all as we love our computers there is something very personal about a fountain pen. Barry Clifford April 6, 2023A report found 9 out of 10 bishops write with a fountain pen. Only God knows what the other one does with it. In the early 1950s, I would play golf with my ink well. Our class did not use the dip pens. It was a vacant hole in the desk, and I decided to shoot bingo chips into the empty ink well. Vance February 14, 2023 Lastly, free flowing ink which moved through pens better than the previous sediment filled ink infamous for clogging and ruining pens. They also required constant...dipping.... This meant inconsistent ink flow as the ink would run out every few words and have to be re-dipped. Developers produced new inks that were less corrosive and more vibrant. Related Reading: The Best Ink For Fountain Pens

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment