276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Someday, Maybe

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ms. Mary Sue Sydney can't decide if she should feel guilty about carrying on with Ridge while he's in a relationship with someone else or revel in her new found love. Inspite of repeatedly dissing her bestfriend for sleeping with her ex. Hypocrite much? My mother loves Jesus. Therefore, she does not get stressed; she gets holy. Straining, I can hear her milling about the kitchen uttering a stream of spiritual gibberish. She must be beside herself. I respond by wrapping Quentin’s sweatshirt around my face. Gloria eventually disappears. But not for long. Since I ignore all the advice offered to me — to eat, wash, move — since this particular case of misery eschews company, and since Gloria pioneered Nigerian guile, she sends in my niece and nephew to hold my hands and stare at me with wide eyes until I am moved to sit up.

Nwabineli’s exploration of grief is absolutely eviscerating and breathaking. I understand and see loss and grief in a new way.The strangest thing about Ridge is that he plays the guitar and composes songs, music and lyrics. It's lovely to see him with Maggie, but it's also lovely to see him with Sydney. They are two people who blend very well, something like your soul mate if it were in an ideal world. The stories of how he and his little brother Brennan grew up are simply heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. Sydney lives with her best friend Tori and is in a two year relationship with Hunter. When the betrayal of her best friend and boyfriend is revealed Ridge opens his apartment to her and two begin working on lyrics to Ridge’s music and they experience insane amounts of chemistry and both fight those feelings. What I love most about Colleen Hoover books, in conjunction with her beautifully mapped out stories, is the fact that none of them are the same. They're all so richly unique to one another and each one becomes something I've honestly never read before.

Stunningly honest and bursting with wit, Someday Maybe is the story of grief and resilience that you won’t be able to stop talking about And yet, this was also one of the easiest and most digestible reads of the year for me, which is a huge credit to the author's skill. Enter our hero, Ridge-- a musically inclined, selfless, compassionate, sexy -- and well, I just dare you to not fall in love with him and we'll leave it at that. From the moment she seems him playing the guitar on his apartment balcony, something about Ridge mesmerizes Sydney. He’s handsome, sure, but he has an indescribable appeal which, coupled with his talent, draws Sydney out on to her balcony across the way so she can listen to him play. She's embarrassed to admit this to her best friend and roommate, so she just pretends to study on the balcony a lot. Yeah, I’m nuts. Don’t get it twisted that I think that is a “sexy” song, though, ‘cause it’s not. The video on the other hand . . .Emotionally, my heart was all over the place. I genuinely did not know what to feel. I was so conflicted because there was no right or wrong here. No good guy or bad guy. I knew that this was Ridge and Sydney's story so my heart was rooting for them but I couldn't help but wonder... what if this had been Ridge and Maggie's story? Because in that case, Sydney would have been the "bad guy" for representing a threat to their relationship. I mean, as much as I hated to admit it, didn't Maggie deserve to be with Ridge just as much as Sydney? And it didn't help that both Sydney and Maggie were such wonderfully sweet people and neither of them had any flaws that made it easy to justify disliking them for any reason.

Apart from what I mentioned above about the author's addictive easy-to-read style, I also liked the guy in this a lot more than in Hoover's previous works. Dean Holder from Hopeless managed to freak me out and piss me off simultaneously. He was a tall, gorgeous message to teen girls that stalkery, predatory behaviour is absolutely fine when the person doing it is hot. I mean, how much stupid is in this quote:

Reviews

Despite Sydney and that many things happen that can be considered as infidelity, I liked the book. It goes fast, it doesn't bore and it ends like it has to end. Warm and funny, charming and smart.”— Diane Keaton, New York Times bestselling author of Then Again Warm and funny, charming and smart.” —Diane Keaton, New York Times bestselling author of Then Again The story is also told in alternating POVs so the reader really gets to see all the different sides of the story and is really able to connect to each character individually.

I have conflicting feelings about how Ridge handled himself and his heart once he realizes it has been split in two. To be honest, I’m still thinking about this story and how I feel about it as a whole. The storyline was indeed unique and the characters truly tried to do the right thing. My issues weren't with Ridge’s feelings, perhaps his ingrained loyalty which may bother some readers more than me and some less than me. I would guess it’s up to the individual reader. Ridge truly was in a battle with his heart. People don’t get to choose who they fall in love with. They only get to choose who they stay in love with. I will never ever leave her. I love her. I’ve loved her since the moment I met her, and I’ll love her until the moment I die. I'm just going to lay something down here because I don't want to forget my thoughts and I just haven't felt compelled to write the review I really wanted. So I'll do my best with what I have in the moment.

3. The Tickler File

Con este libro se dan dos cosas totalmente nuevas para mí: un triángulo amoroso con dos mujeres y un hombre y un protagonista que es sordo. They didn't even have any personal goals. All Sydney thought about was how much she wants Ridge and how much she should not want Ridge. All Ridge thought about was how innocent he is and is doing nothing wrong but why does he still feel guilty?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment