276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Iggy Peck, Architect (The Questioneers): 1

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I liked this better than Rosie Revere, Engineer. Iggy is a small boy who is an architectural genius. But what happens when he gets to the 2nd grade and comes face-to-face with a teacher who has a deep-seated fear of architecture rooted in her childhood?

In this two-week Writing Root, the children develop reading skills of prediction and inference, have the opportunity to practise use of basic sentence punctuation and create compound sentences before exploring features of famous buildings, labelling the features and learning about apostrophes for omission and possession. Finally, the children create a fact file where they incorporate the learning they have experienced over the course of the sequence of learning. Phonics-based activities have been included to support the application of phase 5 knowledge into writing. Synopsis of Text: Everyone says the house is haunted, and it seems that a number of priceless antiques—which were supposed to help Aunt Bernice pay for the house’s upkeep—have gone missing. If they can’t find those antiques, Aunt Bernice might lose the house forever. There's a lady with a beehive hairdo and a beauty spot on the cover of this book - a sure-fire signifier of "quirky," perhaps even "offbeat". And let me tell you, it ain't just the illustrations! (although now I'm craving Iggy's mom's Pucci-esque caftans and Twiggy A-lines) The story is fun and the wordplay is quirky in this book about a second-grade engineering prodigy. Find sources: "Andrea Beaty"– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( February 2020) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) This is a hilarious and whimsical look at a child prodigy who is in turn encouraged and discouraged from pursuing his passion for building buildings and other structures. The rhythmic and rhyming narrative is very entertaining and the illustrations are fabulous. It's a terrific book to read aloud and we really enjoyed reading this story together.I was a little disappointed on the re-read that there weren't more things that rhymed with Ignatius. My four year old just discovered this series. a b "Individual Author Record: Andrea Beaty". The Illinois Center for the Book . Retrieved 22 February 2020.

She was born in Benton, Illinois and currently resides in Naperville, Illinois. [3] As a child, she loved Nancy Drew mysteries. She attended Southern Illinois University and studied Biology and Computer Science. After graduating, she worked for a software company, doing some technical writing. Her tech writing experience led her to write children's books. She received the Prairie State for Excellence in Children's Writing Award from the Illinois Reading Council in 2014. [3] Selected works [ edit ] A cat with heterochromia - and one eye is blue. Be sure to tell your child that this means the cat can see ghosts! (But only if the creature has one blue eye. Any human or animal born with one blue eye and one eye of a different color can see ghosts. Heterochromia of, let's say, one green eye and one brown eye - while beautiful - will NOT produce a ghost-seeing person/animal.) Spelling Seeds have been designed to complement Writing Roots by providing weekly, contextualised sequences of sessions for the teaching of spelling that include open-ended investigations and opportunities to practise and apply within meaningful and purposeful contexts, linked (where relevant) to other areas of the curriculum and a suggestion of how to extend the investigation into home learning. This is probably the weakest book in the series I've read so far. I wasn't thrilled with the story (although the kid building stuff out his his dirty diapers was an amusing feat). I don't like seeing female characters fainting; it just perpetuates old stereotypes. And the meter in this one, for whatever reason, was clumsy. It was really a stretch in places, and it would be a bit difficult to read aloud.I also agree with those who feel that portraying the teacher as the bad guy here seems to be both piling on in blaming teachers and a teaching moment gone wrong. I say this as the son and relative of many classroom teachers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment