276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Troublegum

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I live in Cambridge. People play f**king Quidditch in Cambridge. It doesn’t exist. There’s this ridiculousness Knives" – 1994, with "Knives" (kiddie version), "Pantopon Rose" and "Nowhere". This single was a US only promo release.

With hindsight, Ewing's departure seems to be imprinted within the grooves of Infernal Love. Not only is he lower in the mix, his playing seems far less expressive, strangely muted, already disillusioned perhaps. Ewing quit the group during the Infernal Love tour, fearing that if he didn't he would "go mad". He then disappeared into obscurity, depriving the world of one its most exciting young drummers.
Incidentally, you can keep What's The Story, The Bends, and that Sparklehorse album with the clown on the front. The best album of 1995 (and second best album of the 90s) was Infernal Love. Dr Victkurt Cobainstein dealt with the unsettling success of his second album by doing too much heroin, hitching a lift on Captain Albini's expeditionary ship, pursuing his Nevermind monster to a mansion in the North Pole hoping to slay it with nothing but a borrowed shotgun and a copy of In Utero, before slipping tragically under the ice. Andy Cairns dealt with the unsettling success of his second album by taking lots of cocaine, shaving his head, investing in false moustaches, and making a bizarre goth-pop album in Peter Gabriel's recording studio. Their words were: ‘Strike while the iron’s hot,’” says Andy. “The last show was on something like December 23, and the day after Boxing Day we were in a studio in Lincolnshire with no songs, trying to work on the follow-up. We were exhausted.” There are places like East Europe and the Balkans which are great for us, Denmark and France used to be great but a bit more flat at the moment. We also play really interesting places like the Reunion Islands off the coast of Africa! We are open minded and we will play where we are asked to play. There is also North America where Troublegum and Baby Teeth were popular but it’s really expensive to tour it…We are a hard working band and people respect that and don’t forget us.’ They opted to take the plunge – not out of a desire to become famous, but because the new songs retained enough edge to deflect any accusations of selling out.

For Sale on Discogs

We’ve always done things to suit ourselves. We’ve never been that devastated by stuff that has gone wrong Not being pigeonholed can have disadvantages because people like categories. If you go into any metal shop they have a sections like a grunge section and then these little arcs of scenes and we were never part of these and we get left out of all that and when magazines make their revisionist histories of what went on we get left out. At the end of the day, to be honest, it’s why we are still here and we have never had to break the band up. We have always had enough following worldwide to keep the band going and keep our heads down when things weren’t going as well. I think we will always be outsiders, where we are from is slightly unfabulous and that works to our advantage with one foot on the ground of where we want to go. Acharya, Kiran (7 February 2019). " Troublegum At 25: An Oral History Of The Therapy? Classic". Kerrang! . Retrieved 15 July 2022. Therapy? the alt-metal band from Northern Ireland see two of their best known albums reissued in March 2014. The middle of the album changes things up a little in places. “Die Laughing” has a different groove and different mood, rolling smoothly through the song rather than belting you bluntly over the head. “Unbeliever” is similar in a different way, where there is not so much aggression in the song. This is more the sad reflection on what is happening in life rather than being angry about that same life, almost like the slide on the other side of drunkenness as against the rise of the anger as the drunkenness is taking effect. Do I know this from experience? Perhaps. “Trigger Inside” perhaps has more of that anger involved, but is followed by “Lunacy Booth” that has a similar musical feel to the previous two songs.

This reminds me a little bit of when the wall came down in East Germany. After the initial euphoria, I remember a lot of our German friends saying that eastern European communist chic had become trendy [among] people that were way too young when the wall came down to remember what the old east [was] like,” he says. The return to the iconography of the Troubles is about people who missed it first time around and think it’s a bit exciting,” says Cairns.

Credits

We had a bit of 'Screamager' on the go, but we didn't have the intro yet, and I remember we thought it was a bit straightforward,” says Cairns. “Sheldon heard it and said, 'this is good, but it's not really Therapy?'. I said, 'what would Therapy? do? - go for other influences', and while there's the Undertones influence, we decided to make it a bit more Helmet, and added the staccato, stabbing elements.” Therapy? ended their brilliant, breathless year on a high. Troublegum cleaned up in music magazines’ end-of-year polls – Hammer voted it the second-best album of ’94, beaten only by Soundgarden’s Superunknown. Their label, A&M, wanted more where that came from, squeezing as much juice from the lemon before the arrival of Oasis and Britpop. That’s the one thing it’s still the same subject matter but with a 20 year on perspective. During the time of Britpop people would say how can you still be angry when you are 30? and I would reply ‘how can you not?’ When I was as growing up people left home at 19 and married the girl down the road and then you see them again at 35 two timing their wives, an alcoholic and you wonder about all the great advice they gave you about the lyrics. There is still also a lot of literature that comes into the lyrics and also we just see what is around us and the frustration and how we fit into the world and how people fit in with eachother and that’s what drives the songs at the moment.’ We sat down and said, ‘Look, this could go either way – we could get people on board and say all the things we always wanted to say, but it could go stupendously wrong and we’ll be in all sorts of trouble,’” says Andy.

UK Top 40 Chart Archive, British Singles & Album Charts". everyHit.com . Retrieved 24 December 2008.Do you listen to all these influences anyway or do you specifically listen to them to push yourselves? Fyfe [Ewing, the band’s drummer at the time] left because we became totally uncool. Not just Fyfe – certain members of the entourage found that incredibly difficult to deal with. It just sounds joyous. Those Kneecap tunes are great. The way I look at it is, it just sounds so full of life and brio,” Cairns says.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment