276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nyord Mens Furno Warmth 4/3mm Chest Zip Wetsuit - Black - Thermal Warm Heat Layer Layers Easy Stretch

£54.98£109.96Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I asked the top wetsuit makers in the biz to send me their warmest and stretchiest 4/3 wetsuit (no manufacturer paid for placement in this review), and I put them all to the test in the chilly waters at my home break of Ocean Beach, San Francisco. It’s a petrochemical-derived fabric, is non-biodegradable, and tons of it gets thrown away every year – Finisterre estimates around 419 tons of neoprene is dumped annually in the UK alone. That means more layers of insulation (both in terms of the millimeters of neoprene itself and a heftier lining of the inside of the wetsuit) and less flexibility. Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). Laptop compartment and organiser pockets and roll top wet/dry compartment large enough to hold an X-large hooded fullsuit and booties.

Read more about our Nyord wetsuits here Perfect for you if: You surf most weeks and you’re looking for a top-quality wetsuit for summer surfing, with a warm enough lining to take you through spring and autumn too.

For the benefit of hardcore stats nerds out there, I also took note of the weight of each suit, wetsuit fit, additional features, and sustainable manufacturing. Manera’s wetsuits fit insanely well, are durable, and the X10D has super light, stretchy, and comfortable neoprene to boot.

Wetsuits have come a long way since they replaced the wool sweater in the 1950s and ’60s as an inventive way for surfers to keep warm in cold water. Great question, and one that depends on a variety of factors including where you surf, what time of year you’re surfing, and how hot/cold you tend to run. The Equation is constructed using neoprene made from 30 per cent recycled tyres and 70 per cent limestone (extracted using sustainable energy sources) and a lining that contains recycled fishing nets which is bonded in place using solvent-free glues.That’s certainly better as a step away from fossil fuels, but limestone still needs to be extracted from the earth and takes a lot of energy to transform into neoprene. It used to be that if you wanted a sustainable wetsuit, your option was Patagonia, and while their Yulex material is still the most sustainable wetsuit material out there, it’s no longer the only one. For those interested in even more stretch (at the cost of some warmth), check out Picture’s line of Flex Skin wetsuits, which use an even stretchier neoprene in the arms and shoulders. A performance-based wetsuit with a solid, warm lining, Quiskilver’s wetsuit matched the Rip Curl suit in terms of stretch, with an exceedingly comfortable lining. I will also keep you posted if I’m able to try any more new wetsuits or if any durability problems arise that were premature to note here.

While a thinner suit will tire you out less and overall allow for faster reactions, all those advantages go away when your body is tense or even shivering with cold. I’m a big fan of the brand, but as far as my experience with the wetsuit I tested, the neoprene felt solidly average in terms of stretch.Personally, I found the fit to be a little off, with the arms especially feeling too short for my lanky limbs, but I have a feeling that’s just me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment