276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jordan Henderson: The Autobiography: The must-read autobiography from Liverpool’s beloved captain

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Indeed, had Henderson had his way, this book, rather than bearing his name, would have been titled With or Without Me. Transferred to Liverpool in June 2011, Jordan's early years at the club saw him struggle to settle under Sir Kenny Dalglish then Brendan Rodgers before eventually establishing himself at Anfield as a force of nature in midfield. It’s a couple of days before the start of Euro 2020 and the England squad are getting fitted for their team suits. I can't help but feel that this book summarises up Jordan's character - unflinching and brutally honest, whilst deploying a warmth. In Jordan Henderson: The Autobiography he talks about his journey from growing up in Sunderland – with football his all-consuming passion as a kid – to becoming one of Liverpool’s most decorated captains.

Full of heartache, excitement and triumph, this is a candid insight into the life of a top-flight footballer as you’ve never read before. which I felt was a little more detailed and more insightful), I was excited to reading a book on the current Liverpool captain. Again, I felt it was merely glossing over events and maybe not as detailed as I hoped it would be, but still a great read. Outside the football pitch, Jordan's won plaudits for his support for the LGBT+ community and, during Covid, for the NHS, contributing towards his appointment of an MBE in 2021. He is the only player in history to have been named England Player of the Year at both under-21 and senior level.Under his captaincy, Liverpool have won six trophies headed by the Champions League and the Premier League, bringing the club its first league title in 30 years. Jordan Henderson, MBE, is one of football's highest-profile players and has captained Liverpool FC since 2015. There is something touching and reassuring in the way this England squad has steered clear of the club cliques and inter-generational tensions that defined so many of their predecessors. Captain, father, leader, a fearless ambassador for the causes he believes in and a world-class midfielder, Jordan Henderson is all of these things - and it is why he is one of the most widely respected players of his generation.

After a challenging start at Anfield, Jordan eventually established himself as a talismanic play-making midfielder. Transferred to Liverpool in June 2011, Jordan’s early years at the club saw him struggle to settle under Sir Kenny Dalglish then Brendan Rodgers before eventually establishing himself at Anfield as a force of nature in midfield. There’s also an incredible maturity, a willingness to accept his flaws and crucially work at them and to understand the importance of the team and to play his part. I can only assume this is due to him still being an active footballer for both his country and club. These are big boots to fill, but arguably Jordan Henderson has not only filled these boots but made them even bigger.He was talking about the players who define the cultural and behavioural norms that junior members of the group instinctively follow. Under his captaincy, Liverpool have reached monumental heights - winning six trophies headed by the Champions League and the Premier League, bringing the club its first league title in 30 years. A relentless and inspiring presence, Henderson has lifted the Premier League, Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup, Emirates FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Carabao Cup and FA Community Shield with his trademark ‘Hendo shuffle’ to cement his LFC legacy. Finished Jordan Henderson's autobiography over the weekend and it's a great read for all LFC fans - a must read in fact.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment