276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Adam T8V Studio Monitor Active 50+20 Watt RMS Speakers

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We combined Spinorama data with room acoustics and came up with Soundton. A very simple, 2D online tool that allows you to:

Additionally they often emphasize the importance of placement, here is an example: https://www.svsound.com/blogs/subwoofer-setup-and-tuning/75365187-the-art-of-subwoofer-placement Introduced in 2018, German maker ADAM Audio’s T Series was launched with the T5V and T7V monitors, which feature five-inch and seven-inch mid/bass drivers, respectively. We reviewed both favourably upon their release, concluding that they offer outstanding performance for a remarkably low price. The T5V impressed us so much, in fact, that we not only awarded it our coveted MusicTech Excellence award but also our Value merit. The new flagship of ADAM's T‑series offers serious bass extension even for those with limited budgets.As with many modern active monitors, the control circuitry is digital and in this instance includes DSP-based active 2.6kHz crossovers, response equalisation and driver/amplifier protection. All three monitors are compatible with the ADAM Audio T10S subwoofer, though for most home studio rooms, the T8V should be able to deliver the goods without needing help from that quarter. Indeed, that 8-inch woofer provides bass extension right down to 33Hz, while the U-ART tweeter's folded diaphragm reaches up to an impressive 25kHz. The tweeter is fitted with a waveguide designed to match the dispersion characteristics of the High Frequency Propagation (HPS) waveguide used in ADAM Audio's rather more costly S‑series monitors, resulting in a wide listening sweet spot. ...these are impressive little monitors that sit comfortably within ADAM's sonic orbit... This is why Spinorama was apparently groundbreaking news for audio industry. Hence in the mid-late 2010's, most brands and magazines began publishing Spinorama measurements, despite the challenges of making such measurements. The T8V studio monitor has a frequency response of between 33 Hz to 25 kHz, a 118 dB SPL per pair, a crossover frequency of 2.6 kHz and a 150W maximum power consumption. They are crammed with super high-quality components and are ideal for users who produce bass-heavy music.

See it? It is the RCA input. It is very rare to see such on a studio monitor. Only computer powered speakers have these, not pro monitors. This makes it easier to integrate for hi-fi applications. The U-ART 1.9-inch accelerated Ribbon tweeter offers a more dynamic range which means even if you move around your desk, you can hear the same frequencies. During sound generation, the by folded U-ART membrane leads to direct and fast response even when maxed out or trialled with complex transients. This accompanied with the HPS waveguide taken from Adam Audio’s flagship S Series ensures the monitor has a consistent dispersion, stable imaging over a broader area and reduces early reflections on surfaces. All three T-Series monitors incorporate ADAM’s U-ART 1.9′-inch Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter, made from a pleated polyamide film. It’s an extremely efficient design that draws air into and out of its folds as it expands and contracts, making it capable of moving air four times faster than dome tweeters. Its performance is further enhanced by the HPS waveguide, which behaves like the units built into the company’s flagship S Series monitors, ensuring controlled and even high-frequency dispersal while providing a wide sweet spot. At this point, I thought that if there was a tool that combined both the Spinorama with the room acoustics data, it'd be extremely useful.

The entire T-Series range of budget friendly studio monitors retains that ADAM Audio signature sound that many ADAM Audio users instantly recognise and trust in ADAM's higher-end products. The T8V is a welcome addition to the T-Series range and cater for those fortunate enough to work in larger studios which generally work well with monitors that could be considered almost midfeild over nearfield. The colormap provides you the locations with the best (green) and worst (red) listening experience. I performed over 800 measurement which resulted in error rate of less than 1% throughout the range.

After looking around a lot, I settled on either plunking down a LOT of cash on some Genelec One series, or saving a lot of money and trying out the "budget" option in Adam T8V. I was not disappointed. I love the high-end these produce. Coupled with a scan using REW (Room EQ Wizard) and corrections from the Behringer Ultra-Curve Pro, I'm able to really dial in the sound of the room, eliminating any major spikes or dips in frequency response, then shaping the overall sound to taste (I prefer a little bit of the classic smily-face EQ shape. The resulting sound is consistent, non-fatiguing, and accurate (other than my minor overall adjustments). As aforementioned, the Adam T8V offers the broadest bass response. That doesn't necessarily mean that the Adam T5V does not deliver here. If anything, the compact delivery of the same is quite remarkable. Sonically, the T8Vs are a beautiful balance of accuracy and fun. The U-ART ribbon tweeters are a delight to listen to. They won’t thrill you with spicy tops but rather present treble in a flat and transparent fashion that induces little fatigue over long listening sessions. Mid frequencies are equally smooth, if not very mildly underrepresented. Switches on the rear allow a 2dB shelf boost or cut of the high and low frequencies. I was most impressed with the T8V’s performance in the lows. The rear-ported bass is bold, powerful and oh-so-clean — the kind of low end that thoroughly satisfies your need for it without so much that you feel like accuracy has been forfeited. ADAM Audio explicitly recommends the T8V for bass heavy material like hip hop, dance, dub and EDM, and it’s easy to hear why. Frequency Response: 33 Hz – 25 kHz (Please note that without tolerances e.g.+/-3dB, frequency response figures can’t be compared between models)Here, the low end completely dominates proceedings, yet the T8V never loses its grip, so the bassline is fluid and punchy, not slow and soggy, as it might be with many plastic-driver-equipped monitors from the past. The ADAM Audio name carries a certain prestige in monitor land. We’ve all seen the futuristic AX Series monitors or formidable S Series main monitors in upmarket studios. ADAM Audio’s T Series monitors released in 2018 are a more financially viable product family within the brand. It consists of the T5V and T7V, the T10S subwoofer released in 2019, and now the eight-inch T8V. Being relatively unexposed to the world of ADAM Audio monitoring, I was excited to hear the T8V when it arrived for review.

From its 1999 launch in Berlin, ADAM Audio has built a solid reputation among the pro audio cognoscente. The engineers at Sweetwater know that a superior speaker system has superior components, and this is one area where the company has a distinct edge. With years of R&D behind each proprietary driver, ADAM Audio’s custom driver technology expresses itself in breakthroughs such as their X-ART (eXtended Accelerating Ribbon Technology) tweeter, which is based on a groundbreaking 1960s invention, the Heil Air Motion Transformer — and in fact, was the main impetus for the formation of ADAM Audio. The X-ART tweeter became the key to ADAM’s signature transparent, high-definition sound and the core development of ADAM’s proprietary designs going forward. Overall, I am happy to recommend the Adam T8V. If you were looking for a budget powered monitor with plenty of bass and good overall frequency response, your search is over. The combination of the port-assisted eight-inch woofer and U-ART tweeter provides a frequency response of 33Hz to 25kHz, along with a maximum SPL of 118dB, so this T8V can handle heavy. On the rear of the T8V is a range of basic controls and connectors you find in most monitors in this price range and also throughout the T-Series. Apart of the on/off switch and IEC connection for power, there are two choices of inputs on offer - Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA along with switches for LF and HF shelving filters which can be used to boost or cut 2 dB for tuning the response of the monitor. While having these switches for tweaking the monitor’s tone is welcome I found the effects very subtle.

As is often the case with the mid-sized monitors, the Adam T7V is the one that makes you wonder if the added weight and size is worth it when the only moderately bigger and heavier. Adam T8V offers way more power and bass response. Now joining these affordable but detailed speakers is the bigger, bolder, beefier T8V variant, which sports eight-inch woofers. The T8V has been designed for those who have always wanted to work with monitors equipped with eight-inch drivers but find most models prohibitively expensive – many manufacturers’ entry-level ranges stop short of larger models such as this one. Sonically these speakers give a very good account of themselves, especially given their position in the market, coming over as punchy, detailed and revealing, with no unforgivable vices. They also present a credible stereo image with a usefully wide sweet spot. In a slightly unfair comparison, my Event Opals produced a slightly tighter, more solid bass end and smoother highs — but they are also far more expensive. Importantly though, such technical imperfections as they do exhibit won't get in the way of their ability to help you produce a reliable mix. As with any monitor, you just need to take some time to get used to them. The U-ART tweeter is an incisive and explicit performer, if not especially refined or airy, while the new eight-inch woofer brings seismic bass to the party. If you love big bottom ends, you’ll love the T8V. This is a marvellous low-cost monitor, especially so if you’re blessed with a large room in which to make noise. Do I really need this? ADAM Audio has included the HPS waveguide (high-frequency propagation system) in the T Series which is also found on the flagship S Series. Framing the ribbon tweeter, the square-ish waveguide disperses treble broadly on the horizontal plane but keeps vertical dispersion narrow to minimise reflections off horizontal surfaces like desks or consoles. Powering the T8V is efficient Class D amplification supplying 70W to the woofer and 20W to the tweeter. A DSP controlled crossover splits the drivers at 2.6kHz. LISTENING TEST

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment