276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cocktail Codex: Fundamentals, Formulas, Evolutions [A Cocktail Recipe Book]

£13.5£27.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They’re on their 6th or 7th iteration of their elaborate graphic novel menus, which you could literally spend an hour or two reading, soaking in, and contemplating which drink to get. Marrying a spirit, a sweetener and something sour — usually citrus juice, an acidic element — this trio produces delicious drinks every single time.

What I love about this book is that there’s a little bit of everything, but it’s all generally very accessible. Served in martini glasses, this type of alcoholic drink doesn’t usually include a sweetener, which makes them stronger. A fortified wine like vermouth, which can be sweet or dry, is added to the main spirit, along with a seasoning.

Success!

It was our last stop after a long day of bar hopping, and we loved the vibe of the bar. Unpretentious and casual, but with fantastic drinks. His response: “Well I made all the ones on that menu right there, so I’m pretty excited about each of those.” Its formula always includes a spirit, something sour and orange liqueur, such as triple sec or brand names Cointreau and Grand Marnier. What I love about it is that there are unique and complex drinks in the book, but nearly all of them are very simple to make. Of all the books I’ve got, and all of the drinks I’ve made, these two still rank up among my favorites.

It’s a great collection of classics, riffs on classics, and a pretty beefy collection of tiki drinks, which I always love to see. Flips basically consist of any fortified wine or liquor shaken with a whole egg or cream, and sweetened with sugar. They are typically garnished with a dusting of nutmeg or another warming spice, and yields dreamily creamy drinks like the White Russian , Eggnog, and Pina Colada. 6. Sidecar The only downside? This book also wins the award for “the book you’re most likely to make zero recipes from.”Neither of these drinks are easy or inexpensive to make, and both require preparing some home made syrups. Rather what you’ll find is a wonderful book of a few hundred interesting, unique, and delicious drinks. All the experts we spoke with agree nothing will develop your palate—and your ability to determine which ingredients complement each other—like tasting. It’s easier for most people to distinguish flavors like fruit, spices, and herbs than spirits and liqueurs, so take your time to taste your alcohols and compare and contrast them (this is the hard part). The basis of this drink has also yielded other classics like the Mint Julep and delightful variations on the same theme that include the wonderfully cosy Apple Butter Old Fashioned . 2. Daiquiri

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment