276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Twin Crowns: The Sunday Times bestselling royal YA fantasy romance. Tik Tok made me buy it!: Book 1

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I like that Rose and Wren both realized that there was more to the other than they previously thought. Rose realized that witches were not all evil and do not deserve to be hunted and killed, and Wren realized that her sister’s life is not all fancy parties and lavish life. There is politics involved, and Rose is more than just a spoiled princess. Besides that though, I can’t really say that I know the characters, or that I appreciate them. They were both childish at times, stupid at others, and both made me roll my eyes SO MANY TIMES. However, the saving grace of TWIN CROWNS is that it never takes itself too seriously, which is one of the best things about it. It blithely carries out its tropey, overdone plot and cliché romances with nary a hint of hesitation. And sure, at parts, there are things that conveniently happen to the characters, and plot armour protects them. Try to search for a deeper, more 'meaningful' story in TWIN CROWNS and you will suffer. But enjoy it for what it is, and you'll have a grand old time, which I absolutely did. Meanwhile, when Rose's royal tour is interrupted by a mysterious stranger claiming to be from the long-lost Sunkissed Kingdom, the strands of destiny pull her south to the ancient Amarach Towers, where only the Seers of Eana know why the Restless Sands are erupting—and why Shen-Lo himself might hold the key.

I got to enjoy the relationship more as well, and while Wren and Tor will always be my favourites...Rose and Shen are sweet together. The love stories for both sisters have rom-com vibes, which is a breath of fresh air after reading romance without comedic scenes. Rose's character arc grows from a naive and unaware princess to a very capable leader as they learn more about the world she never knew existed and question how history was written towards witches. Aaand now the romances. I actually loved the romances in this, but I definitely preferred one over the other.It was reminiscent of early YA, but not in any of the ways that would have made me feel affection or nostalgia. There were so many moments that I wanted to put the book down just because I was cringing so terribly at the dialogue or plot conveniences. This somehow read like a younger YA written for adults, and I don't know how to explain it. (The best examples are pieces of dialogue like, "I must have misinterpreted your moans." vs. very ridiculous, juvenile moments that feel jarring.)

Romance flourished as blood bloomed. The couples I thought were obviously constructed ones, from the first moment they interacted, and whilst I did root for all I also found that my interests lay more in other areas. This did not impact my overall enjoyment and does have me yearning to return to all characters in the sequel, very soon. With Wren, I really did enjoy her story-line, navigating everything and all that, so I guess there's that. But nothing really intriguing was happening there, except for all the lies and deception that she was doing (which I love her for) And then there's also her romance, but we'll talk about that later. For example, Wren’s kinder side is akin to Rose, while Rose’s more dangerous side is close to Wren... Maybe that’s why I like Rose more now, as I had the chance to just read instead of trying to figure out all the plotlines.

Customer reviews

Princess Rose Valhart knows that with power comes responsibility―and she won’t let a small matter like waking up in the desert with an extremely impertinent (and very handsome) kidnapper get in the way of her duty. But life outside the palace is wilder and more beautiful than she ever imagined, and the witches she has long feared might turn out to be the family she never had. Princess Rose Valhart knows that with power comes responsibility including marriage into a brutal kingdom. Life outside the palace walls is a place to be feared and she is soon to discover that it's wilder than she ever imagined. Wren was definitely my favourite sister- she was just a lot more entertaining to follow than Rose. If I'm being completely honest, I found Rose a bit insufferable and reading her chapters could sometimes be a bit of a struggle 😬😬 The second hand embarassment 😵😵😖😖 trigger warnings: Violence, Kidnapping, Loss of Parents, Murder, Death, Attempted Murder, Poison, etc. Wren resides with the witches, in hiding from the crown and his soldiers, who would kill her people and abolish their practises. Rose lives inside the palace walls, believing herself in training to one day wear this crown but, in reality, as a pawn unwittingly involved in a game she didn't know she was playing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment