276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO 76161 - 1989 Batman Batwing - Ultimate Collector Series

£134.505£269.01Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Getting the Batwing up on it's stand you can see how the underside becomes so visible. You could display it on a lower shelf or a coffee table. But otherwise you'll be looking at the bottom of the ship more than the top. I couldn't mount it on my wall for various reason, and I'm sure many other people will be in that boat. BILLUND, September 19, 2020: It may not soar to Gotham city, but the LEGO Group’s latest release with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC, the LEGO® DC BATMAN™ 1989 Batwing, is sure to transport fans to their most memorable DC Super Hero moments this Batman Day. Fans of Batman and avid builders are in for some serious fun as they embark on their journey to construct the ultimate Super Hero vehicle in the LEGO® DC BATMAN™ collection. Joker was in the 2019 Batmobile set in a much more classic outfit. In the Batwing he's wearing his mime costume that he uses to get up close to Vinnie Ricorso. He uses a quill to murder him which is here represented by a feather plume. That being said, all three reasons you mentioned are correct if you use the wrong hardware to hang it up, and I'm sorry, but an adult should think long and hard for about a second before he or she finds out how to solve that little riddle, when in doubt, go to the hardware store with the hanger bit, and try out which screw (correct for your wall) has the correct shaft diameter, and the diameter of the head. Then, even with that key hole, you won't be able to take it off the wall. Period. There is no way, except for brute force, the hanger is so deep off the lowest point, and the prongs are long enough to prevent it form tilting so that the correct size screw can slide out. My local store's manager hadn't heard of any promos like that the last time I asked, and I just called LEGO.com today to ask about recommended screw size (they didn't have any info on hand), and as long as I had someone on the phone I asked about the Batwing. She didn't have any info either. Either they're doing a much better job of keeping it secret, or this will not have an exclusive promo associated with it.

is the cheapest I've seen it and I don't think it will go lower, so if you see it at this price it's probably a good buy. Looking to the future Bag 8 adds more to the top of the Batwing and fleshes out the tail. The tail is my least favorite part of this build visually. The rest of the ship is smooth and neat. The studs on the tail really make it stand out in a negative way. I don't know how they could have avoided this without creating a new element. But it's a shame there's such an eye-sore on what is otherwise a beautiful build. I’m sorry though that I expect that minimum of building it halfway correct to make it work as I intended. The aforementioned considerable size was necessary to match 76139 1989 Batmobile and these famous vehicles look fantastic together. Information has sometimes differed regarding their scale but these designs conform to modern reference material for both vehicles and the LEGO models integrate shared features, notably including extremely similar seats.

Copyright Notice

Connecting the Batwing to its stand is simple and I think the model looks spectacular, due in particular to the contrast between the display stand and this vehicle. The angle is fixed which was necessary to support the substantial weight of the Batwing, although that does only yield two options for display with the aircraft flying upwards or downwards, as demonstrated below. Again. Your house, your walls. You are brilliant at making a fuzz and random assumptions and yet You expect that the people at LEGO Service know every wall in the world and every fastener possible and have an answer for You? Given their placement and design, I would guess air brakes. I've sat near the wings on quite a few flights and had a clear view of the air brakes when they open up as soon as the plane is firmly settled on the landing gear. That said, lift is created by causing the air to take a longer path to flow over the wing than it does to flow under the wing, so it seems like air brakes would actually increase lift. If they don't, I'm sure it has something to do with disrupting the smooth airflow, probably causing vortices. Bag 5 is used to add the edging to the left wing. It’s an amazing feat of Lego engineering and geometry.

We hope that you are safe and we understand this may be a difficult time. We want you to know we are here to support you in any way that we can.

Escrow accounts are required the life of the loan for FHA and VA loans. Conventional loan types may qualify for escrow deletion if specific Investor requirements are met.

Speaking about the details of the new set, LEGO Creative lead Jesper C. Nielsen said: The emblematic set truly takes fans on a journey, as they immerse themselves into Gotham city and get hands-on with the set, using Batman, The Joker™ and Boombox goon minifigures to relive their favourite moments from the film. Fans can even create the infamous scene when The Joker barges in on the Dark Knight and utters his classic words “have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?”.

Minifigures

This was thoroughly tested over and over again, the model was artifically aged, and then hung on a wooden wall that is at a highly frequented place (vibrations) in the Billund office, and it's been there for over a year now, nothing falls off. A slightly tilted one that's been converted to a lamp is hanging here for six months, we ripped it off the wall, we threw it on the floor to see what happens in the unlikley scenario when it falls off the wall. We held it by the wing tips to see if the frame is strong enough and whatnot. Every scenario we could imagine was tried out. We've had the Batmobile (1989 and Tumbler) and the Batplane (Batwing), the only ones left are the Batboat, Batcopter and Batcycle. Having said that though there are many different variants of each of them, but I don't see this sub theme being able to continue on for too much longer Conclusion

Kept this information _secret_ from your customers because you don't want to be sued if they get it wrong. Bag 12 completes our Batwing model! Fins, windscreen, and weapons finish off the building process for the main model. Hopefully you figure out your mistake from a bunch of customer service calls where people are just trying to figure out what type/size of fastener they should use, and not because it fell on some kid's head. Don't worry about me, as Consumer Affairs sent me a free hanger element so I get an idea of the true dimensions of the keyhole slot (since _NOBODY_ has posted this info online), so I won't even open the seals on the box until I've found something that will do the job safely. I've built actual boats out of wood, and actor-proof sets and props. Who you need to worry about is 560heliport, who, further up this thread, advised people that a nail into drywall (just drywall, not a stud behind the drywall) is sufficient. For those of the right age, for who Keaton will always be ‘their Batman’, then they owe it to themselves to own this spectacular, accurate rendition of the Batwing. It is the perfect companion piece to 76139 1989 Batmobile, living up to the standard set last year. Verdict: 9/10 - This set is nearly perfect. If you're a Batman fan you'll love it. It makes for a great display piece either on your shelf or hanging on the wall. If you have the 2019 Batmobile it will look amazing next to it, but it also looks great on its own. If you have the budget and the desire, go get it!But the whole "oh no the internals are colorful but thank God they're all covered up" spiel I see everywhere is getting really old. Especially when that remark is made within the "build process" section of a review. Yes, it's an entirely valid complaint when colorful internals aren't covered up properly and are visible from outside, but LEGO has always designed sets this way, it's intentional, it's nothing new, and it only serves to enhance the building experience not just for inexperienced builders, but even perhaps for experienced builders who are easily overwhelmed by huge sets such as this. To better serve uninitiated readers, I'd much rather explain why such colorful elements are used before assuring the reader that the elements are covered up thereafter."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment