276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DexShell Heavy Duty Neoprene Water Resistant Cycling Bike Overshoes

£13.975£27.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The sole has two openings with reinforced elastic edges, and abrasion resistant fabric around the toe and mid-sole areas for durability. For me, the overshoes fitted really well; there were no excessively loose areas, even at the toe (where some reinforced panels can create an elf-like point). The elasticated cuff definitely helps to hold the shoe firmly in place when riding.

At the top of the overshoes is an additional 2cm elasticated cuff with an internal silicone gripper to help secure them in place. The ride Also, you’re going to end up walking in your overshoes at some point, and you’ll have to put a foot down at junctions or stops, all of which subjects them to wear. Whether that matters, of course, depends on when you’re planning to use your overshoes. It doesn’t only rain in winter… Overshoe sole designKeeping feet warm and dry in winter is difficult for cyclists. Wind chill is the enemy for the extremities, add spray from the front wheel and unless your feet are appropriately insulated it won’t be long before you can’t feel them any more. Can you wear cycling overshoes with trainers? While the fit was snug, it was refreshing not to have to burn calories pulling the things on. Getting dressed for a winter ride is quite an undertaking, not to mentioned the removal of it all post-ride, when it’s potentially caked in mud and wet. For me, the DexShells are genuinely the easiest-to-pull-on overshoe I’ve ever used. I was a huge fan of the length of the cuff, which is shorter than average. Some overshoes really feel stifling around the lower leg, building up moisture around the ankle in milder conditions. This wasn't an issue with here. The elastic didn't leave a mark post-ride either. Verdict: These overshoes are warm and durable plus their generous sole openings should help prevent you damaging the material when walking around.”

Offer everything you could want from an overshoe; robust, water resistant, warm, durable and best of all, easy to get on." The undersides of even the best cycling overshoes are prone to wear. Depending on your riding style, you may want to look for a tough, seam-free base with reinforcements at the heel and toe box, especially if you're often having to dab in gravel or stop at traffic lights. Only after a couple of hours in continuous rain could I sense dampness. I can't be sure where exactly it was getting in, or if it was penetrating the actual fabric. Certainly, the fabric isn't as good as a smooth surfaced neoprene (which seems impenetrable); water will get through it. We researched other brands and found that they were appalling quality straight out of the box and often more expensive too.The bike is a Christmas present and so will not see any use for about 5 weeks as we are in November now. Technically cycling overshoes aren't designed for trainers or other non-cycling specific footwear. There will no doubt be some options for shoe protection on a bike, but even with a rain cover, your feet will get pretty cold in standard trainers or office shoes. It's certainly worth considering giving a clipless pedal system a try for keeping your feet warm throughout the year, you'll also be very surprised by the difference it makes to your riding.

Even when raining the overshoes still perform very well. Naturally, a cut-away sole means these can’t be waterproof. However, the hems sit so snug to the sole that they come very close to being water tight. I’ve ridden in some pretty horrific conditions and it's taken a decent amount of time for water to penetrate to the shoe (yes, I do have mudguards).

LANGUAGES

Another lighter option for those who don't want a full overshoe is a toe cover, or a "Toe Thingy" as Castelli affectionally call it. These two gentlemen could not be any more accommodating if they tried, quality service that is a rare find in today’s crazy world, I can not recommend this company enough! Providing useful foot protection for spring and fall, you could also wear a set of these underneath full overshoes if you get really cold toes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment