276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Him

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including:

Or can they? When Wes’s nosiest teammate moves in upstairs, the threads of their carefully woven lie begin to unravel. With the outside world determined to take its best shot at them, can Wes and Jamie develop major-league relationship skills on the fly? When Ryan’s teammate, Blake, moves in upstairs, it makes everything more complicated. First, I want to say that I LOVE Blake. This guy is hilarious and appears clueless but I think he’s a lot less clueless than some people realize. He has now claimed Ryan and Jamie as his besties and loves hanging out in their apartment, regularly! There was so much to love about this book, the biggest being the banter between these two. It was utterly delicious. Ryan and Jamie’s relationship is dealt yet another blow which challenges them more than they were prepared for. There is no doubt the love these two share but they are still new. Are they strong enough to overcome this latest hurdle? She isn’t even sure whether or not wedding planning is her calling. But she is determined to give it a try. Blake makes her life miserable. She is clearly attracted to him, but Jess isn’t quite ready to jump into a relationship, especially not with someone like Blake.HIM is everything I didn’t realize I was missing on my bookshelf. I’m not much of an m/m reader but I couldn’t help but fall in love. Must read this summer!” — Dear Author I enjoyed all kind all m/m romances, but my favorite is GFY m/m novels when one of the characters (or both of them) is (are) struggling to accept the 'new' reality, that he is /they are gay or like in this case bi. While Jamie didn’t struggle too much with everything like I expected, I think his self-discovery felt natural. I really liked how he handled everything he figured out about himself. There’s no stupid, unnecessary drama, (even if the two guys have to face some obstacles) which I enjoyed. Him is nominated for Best Romance in the 2015 GoodReads book awards! Vote here. The only other M/M book nominated is Roan Parrish as best debut author. You can vote of Roan's In the Middle of Somewhere here. HIM is my favorite read of 2015! Hot, sexy, romantic, funny, and full of heart. I LOVED Jamie and Wes!" -- NYT Bestselling Author Lauren Blakely Coach touches the laptop on the desk and the image on the big screen unfreezes, the sound of the crowd echoing in the viewing room.

But now I have to hide that choice. I have to pretend that Ryan Wesley isn’t my soulmate.
There was a little bit of drama and conflict in this book, but I never once doubted the love that my boys had for each other. I love the two of them and their relationship. I love the emotion, the steam, and the way they are friends first.
Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen really shine when writing together. Their styles compliment one another. I’ve adored both books in this series. And the audio. OMG I said it in my Him review, but it stands to be repeated- the audio for these books is INCREDIBLE! The narrator for Wes (Jacob Morgan) is everything! I love his narration for Wes. It’s just so great! This series is one you don’t want to miss out on! I’m so happy I made the time to listen.Nice follow-up but failed to capture the excitement and passion of the first book. I am still recommending this book to the many, many fans of the first.

Can you all by now sense I'm pissed off at any one particular character? Whose name might or might not rhyme with Mess?) One last summer before their professional careers take off, one last summer camp as roommates, six weeks to relive old memories and make new ones together—Wes and Jamie might be hoping to rekindle an old friendship, but they end up uncovering much deeper feelings for one another, feelings that would change the course of their futures forever. As they explore each other’s bodies and their own hearts in the process, we watch two young men come to terms with a reality that neither of them ever thought possible, their desire for each other only eclipsed by their unwavering determination to put their friendship first. We watch a young man being finally able to express all he’s ever felt for his best friend after a decade of secretly longing for him, and another young man facing a side of himself he never knew was there, a side that equally confuses and excites him, but also a side of himself he refuses to deny—both their journeys being equally compelling and believable. Ryan Wesley and Jamie Canning’s story continues in Us. At the end of Him, Wes and Jamie’s friendship turned into so much more. Now they are together as a couple. Problems are piling up, wrong decisions are made. I usually hate non-communication, and hated it here too, of course. But it feels real. Wes and Jamie shut each other out, and suffer alone. In fear of making things worse, they avoid confrontation. They think coming out is the only solution and as they decided against it, talking about their problems seems to no avail. And soon their relationship is so critical that coming out isn’t enough to solve the situation any more. I really enjoyed this book. And I think that Elle and Sarina's style blended so well it reads like there's only one person writing this book and not two. The writing was seamless and I can't wait to read more from these two, either individually or together.Seriousy though, sometimes it seems to take over half the book in a GFY for one or both parties to decide to throw caution to the wind and get things started. Wanted: One roommate to share a 3-bedroom house, split the rent, and ideally not be the guy I can’t stop thinking about. I have to say that Jamie was my favorite character. I loved the honesty he had, how he coped with his feelings for Wes. How he let Wes into his heart, STUNNING! Only Wes had a secret he was keeping from Wes (and himself at times). His gay and has a massive crush on Jamie, he comes up with a plan to see if he can get Jamie to fool around but it doesn't go as planned and it's not Jamie that freaks out and bolts but Wes. I’m a big fan of Elle Kennedy, found and fell for her with her Off Campus series, and have never read a Sarina Bowen book before – I’ll be rectifying that STAT. This was a really great, fast, sexy read and the writing style was easy, engaging and seamless; would never have guessed it was co-authored.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment