276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Heart Bones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

beyah’s mother was a shitty person. i’ll give her that, and the idea that she never tried to step up and be a parent just infuriated me. and beyah calling her mom by her real name really shows how their dynamic was. however, i am so proud of beyah for getting over the situation and embracing what happened. i felt like it started to dragged on when she refused to tell her dad about her mother’s passing but i did like the outcome once it was revealed. and in part i think she helped beyah learn that her mom had a choice in the path of her life and samson had none. It feels strange even referring to them as parents. They gave me life, but that’s about the only thing I’ve ever received from them. Before I was old enough to work for the food I buy, there were many nights I’d lie awake, unable to sleep because my stomach would be cramping from hunger. Janean told me once that the growl coming from my stomach was a ravenous cat that lived inside of me, and the cat would growl if I didn’t feed it enough food. Every time I got hungry after that, I’d imagine that cat in my belly searching for food that wasn’t there. I feared it would eat away at my insides if I didn’t feed it, so sometimes I’d eat things that weren’t food just to satisfy the hungry cat. Heart Bones takes off from the start with the main character, Beyah Grim, discovering her mother’s body in their home following an overdose. Beyah is forced to call her dad, who’d recently skipped her graduation, and ask to stay with him until she leaves for college. She did this without telling him about her mother’s death or the volleyball scholarship she received, claiming that “he’d done nothing to help, and he shouldn’t get credit” for her success. This story was different than any I had read before. It’s funny how in romance there are so many plots and tropes that are used over and over again and we can still like them, because the minutia is different. The interactions between the characters is different in each one. In this book both Samson and Beyah had secrets about their pasts. Beyah started opening up to Samson right away because she saw him as a kindred spirit.

But as the summer progresses, and she lets her guard down little by little, Beyah realizes that there’s so much about Samson she doesn’t know. He has so many secrets that he promises to tell her before she leaves, but she’s not sure leaving is even what she wants anymore. They promised not to fall in love with each other, but how do you stop yourself from falling? Tears are dribbling down my cheeks as I write this. Partly for this story but mostly because it compounds the numerous heartbreaking moments we’ve been through in 2020. This just tops it perfectly. Just another broken piece of my heart, even if it’s for fictional characters. Daily interactions become impossibly painful and it’s only through the poetry they share are they able to speak the truth that is in their hearts. Life and a dismal last name are the only two things Beyah Grim's parents ever gave her. After carving her path all on her own, Beyah is well on her way to bigger and better things, thanks to no one but herself.

Publication Order of It Ends With Us Books

Morgan Grant and her sixteen-year-old daughter, Clara, would like nothing more than to benothingalike. Through palpable tension balanced with glimmers of hope, Hoover beautifully captures the heartbreak and joy of starting over.

Heart Bones is more beach read than the book Beach Read itself. It’s glum, full of doom and gloom aura AND is actually set on a beach with characters actively spending time there watching sunrises and sunsets. So if you love Beach Read, definitely read this. It’s the first sunset I’ve ever felt this deep in my chest. I feel my eyes begin to tear up at the sheer beauty of it. Now she’s a millionaire and New York Times bestselling author of over 20 books in the new adult romance, young adult romance, and psychological thriller genres. A thoughtful exploration of how poverty impacts people's choices and blurs the lines between good and bad behavior.

Publication Order of Standalone Novels

I wonder how many six-year-olds have to teach themselves how to work a stove because they believe if they don’t, they’ll be eaten alive by their internal ravenous cat. Upon arriving in Texas, without any clothes or belongings, her father drives her to the home he shares with his new wife. This home is far cry from the trailer she lived in with her mother, existing alongside beach homes where the upper class live. Later, Beyah discovers her neighbor to be Samson, a boy she’d met on the journey to her father’s home—whom she’d falsely accused of trying to pay for “services” when he was trying to be kind by offering her money. As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan – her first love and a link to the past she left behind. They have a rather pitiful, embarrassing, and not so cute meet cute. Their attraction was swift, but I loved their strong connection, deep conversations, intense interactions, and their heavy with meaning small touches. Basically, I loved how they were with each other. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter’s cheating on her–and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

I wonder what kind of upbringing is worse for a human. The kind where you’re sheltered and loved to the point that you aren’t aware of how cruel the world can be until it’s too late to acquire the necessary coping skills, or the kind of household I grew up in. The ugliest version of a family, where coping is the only thing you learn.” Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves one thing. Today, it is easier than ever to truly communicate with an author and to get response to comment, praise and even criticisms. This is what fuels self-published independent authors. Instant response from their readership, that can guide their projects, and even their plots, to meet the demands of their readers. Five books in sequence have all led Colleen Hoover to best-selling status in the New York Times. Sloan is the best thing to ever happen to Asa. And if you ask Asa, he’d say he’s the best thing to ever happen to Sloan. Hearts get infiltrated. Promises get broken. Rules get shattered. Love gets ugly. My Review of Ugly Love.

Publication Order of Anthologies

Lowen arrives at the Crawford home, ready to sort through years of Verity’s notes and outlines, hoping to find enough material to get her started.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment